Community Life Program Coordinator - Student Clubs
Job Title Community Life Program Coordinator - Student Clubs Posting Number S807P Classification Title
The Community Life Program Coordinator – Student Clubs manages, develops, and directs student clubs and organizations that reflect the Christian values of California Baptist University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Provide overall management of all university clubs and organizations.
2. Establish and implement short and long-range organizational goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures regarding student clubs and organizations.
3. Establish and implement meaningful programs and resources for club presidents and advisors.
4. Establish and coordinate a comprehensive student club calendar.
5. Oversee and manage all digital and print media related to student clubs and organizations.
6. Assist in the recruitment, training, supervision, and evaluation of Community Life student interns, graduate assistants, and lounge staff.
7. Assist in the development and management of appropriate departmental budgets.
8. Recommend and participate in the development of appropriate University policies and procedures.
9. Assist in planning and implementation of Community Life programs.
10. Maintain scheduled office hours, with the requirement of a flexible schedule of availability at night and on weekends.
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Ability to communicate a growing and dynamic Christian faith, which is naturally communicated through words and actions.
Ability to demonstrate knowledge and practice of student development theory.
Ability to confront inappropriate behavior.
Ability to be empathetic to the needs of a culturally diverse student body.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to recruit, train, supervise, and motivate graduate assistants, student employees, and/or volunteers.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented.
Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
Knowledge of standard budgeting and expenditure control procedures and documentation.
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and/or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 02/25/2020 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting http://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/5439 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Other Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside