Assistant Professor, ESOL
As the Assistant Professor, ESOL you will teach at both undergraduate and graduate levels, as applicable; be involved in course and/or curriculum development; research/scholarship; participate on College and University committees and/or initiatives.
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All faculty are expected to be excellent teachers, responsive to changing professional needs; committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; committed to effective use of technology including distance learning; produce peer reviewed scholarship; and provide service to the College, University and Community. Teaching assignments may be on the main campus or at off-campus sites within our region.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Teaches courses in the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral program in the College of Education.
- Supervises student; advises students; and conducts research.
- Engages in active service to the department, college, and University; collaborates with the community; and secures external funding.
- Maintains an active agenda of scholarly activities that include theoretical and/or applied research, assists in recruiting and retention; and participates in accreditation activities.
Additional Job Description
- Doctorate in ESOL, TESOL, ELL, bilingual education, applied linguistics or closely related field from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent accreditation.
- Three years of teaching experience in PK-12 schools/or relevant teacher education experience.
- ABD will be considered if degree is conferred by August 7, 2021. If successful candidate is ABD, appointment will be made at a Lecturer level on a fixed contract.
- Teaching experience in the areas of ESOL, TESOL, ELL, bilingual education, or applied linguistics.
- Experience in teaching at a traditional or nontraditional school setting.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience or commitment to the use of technology in distance learning & university teaching.
- Interest in collaborating both within and outside the University in the development and delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning. Must value continued scholarship and service to the school and university.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Appointment will be made at the Assistant Professor rank commensurate with the candidate’s experience on a 9-month multi-year appointment basis available August 2021.
Because applications and materials are subject to public review and retention under Florida’s Public Records Law, please DO NOT send examples of your project/scholarship unless requested to do so. Therefore all submitted materials including articles, disks, slides, books, etc., become the property of FGCU and CANNOT BE RETURNED . As applicable, finalists will be notified of the need to submit specific additional materials. Such materials will become the property of FGCU .
Under Florida’s Public Records law, applications will be available for public review upon request.
The position will close end of day on Thursday November 5, 2020.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Other Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Special Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers