Director for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
University Code 19914 University Title Senior Administrator 1, General Administration University Job Family General Administration ORP Eligible Yes For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Job Series Scope of Search Regional Working Title Director for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Position Number 590800 Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Massey Cancer Center Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
Massey Cancer Center is seeking applicants for the Director for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion ( DDEI ) for Massey Cancer Center ( MCC ) to provide strategic leadership, direction, coordination, and implementation of diversity related programs, initiatives and advancement. This role will serve as a key partner to ensure that diversity remains a priority and is closely linked to MCC’s overall business strategy. While working with the MCC Director, School of Medicine’s Chief Diversity Officer, VCU’s Office of Equity and Access, and other key partners within and outside of the team, the DDEI will execute and bring creative and innovative diversity and inclusion strategies to life within the Center. Ultimately the Director will act as a catalyst in advancing a policy and programmatic infrastructure towards harnessing the benefits of diversity for MCC faculty and staff.
Areas of Responsibility:
• Works collaboratively with VCU institutional leadership to assist in executing the strategic vision for diversity, equity and inclusion from the VCU Quest 2025 strategic plan; Theme IV: Diversity Driving Excellence.
• Lead development and implementation of a DEI Framework. Build upon the strategic plan that has been developed by MCC to develop and lead the implementation of the long-term vision and goals for diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Lead development of an MCC DEI Statement, strategic priorities, and communications strategy.
• Conduct periodic, high-level reviews of MCC’s policies, practices, programs, and procedures toward establishing an inclusive work and research environment. This will include aligning business practices, including communications, vendors, and community outreach, to established diversity objectives.
• Leverages data reporting and analytics in understanding and providing insights, trends, and opportunities as it relates to the DEI strategy.
• Develop and oversee MCC’s strategic diversity initiatives related to trainees, members, staff recruitment, retention and development, patient experience including access and equity.
• Oversee the strategy for increasing effectiveness of outreach strategies for prospective members, staff, and patients. Design DEI programs targeted to members and staff attraction and retention.
• Work with MCC HR and VCU equity and access services to address employment disparities. Lead development of a plan to recruit and retain underrepresented minorities, people with disabilities, veterans, and the LBGQT community to cancer research.
• Act as a key advisor and strategic partner for the Center Director and collaborate closely with the senior leadership of the cancer center and the School of Medicine’s Chief Diversity Officer on DEI priorities.
• Communicate with, influence and counsel Cancer Center leadership at all levels
• Develop strong relationships with community organizations, higher education institutions and K-12 schools and institutional strategy regarding pipeline programs.
• Partner with Development team to secure funding to support DEI initiatives including trainee programs comprised of underrepresented races, cultures, and communities.
• Represent MCC at national diversity events.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Graduate degree in education, public administration, healthcare administration, business or M.D., Ph.D., J.D. (or other field relevant to the position) or equivalent experience and training/credentials.
• Proven ability to influence and drive change.
• Expert oral and written communication skills, specifically as it relates to communicating to a variety of internal and external stakeholders about diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Demonstrated leadership experience in academic, corporate, and/or nonprofit organizations effectively working with historically underrepresented groups (African American, Chicano/Latino, and Native American/Alaska Native, people with disabilities, veterans, LGBQT ).
• Demonstrated expertise building collaborations between academia, industrial and/or internal stakeholders across all functions. Expert ability to work with dynamic and diverse group of faculty, staff and students.
• Proven ability to support and empower leaders who are less experienced in leading conversations about diversity and inclusion to build the school’s capacity in equity leadership.
• Track record of program implementation, strategic planning, and managing across multiple important priorities.
• Ability to partner and work strategically with cross-functional teams to drive overall solutions, while appropriately managing issues and risks and large-scale change management.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU .
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Proven experience in leading successful DEI programs in academia, healthcare, private or public sector.
• Certified Diversity Professional ( CDP ); Certified Diversity Executive ( CDE ); Cornell Certified Diversity Professional ( CCDP ); or other related diversity certification preferred.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate with experience Application Process/Additional Information
Only complete online applications will be accepted.
Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Job Open Date 09/18/2020 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/100713 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Describe a time when you led an initiative that drove
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe your ability to work strategically, both planning
and implementation. Give at least one specific example.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond