Community Coordinator Research Assistant
Job Code/Title 82751 - H - Labs/Research Assistant 1 Position Number HU1109 Working Title Community Coordinator Research Assistant Department Health Behavior And Policy Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $16-$18 Campus MCV Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 10 hrs per week Normal work days flexible Normal work hours flexible Job Category Research Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position No Resource Critical No Description of the Job
The Community Coordinator Research Assistant (RA) will provide support of the Oral Health community-based assessment in providing project management community oversight. Support will include assistance with data collection, community organizing, academic-community partnership development, knowledge dissemination, miscellaneous research support, and other community technical and logistical support.
The RA will work closely with the Principal Investigator- Dr. Maghboeba Mosavel and her research team. The RA will join a research team that includes other RAs (undergrad and doctoral) and a host of community research partners. It is important that this person exhibit excellent time management skills and flexibility needed to work within the community and completing this research study. The ideal candidate is a resident in the Nottoway community with established connections to individuals and organizations in the targeted research area community as this position will involve a high level of interaction with a variety of partners and stakeholders.
• Manage relationships, communication, and documentation with assigned community partners
• Assist with data collection via community telephonic interviews
• Participate in community/stakeholder meetings and take notes
• Maintain and ensure detailed record-keeping for study participants and reports
• Attend all project related meetings as scheduled
• Conduct outreach in Nottoway County
In support of CDC social distancing guidelines, this position is temporarily remotely. Further guidance will be provided according to CDC recommendations and the candidate will be expected to adjust accordingly.
• Existing relationships and experience working and living in Nottoway county and surrounding area is highly valued for this position
• Candidates should have experience working with diverse populations in a variety of community and organizational settings
• Strong interest and familiarity with community outreach and research
• Ability to communicate with a broad audience of providers and residents in the community
• Positive interviewing and people skills
• Excellent organizational, communications and interpersonal skills are required; the successful candidate will be thorough and detail-oriented
• Candidates should have the ability to work independently and as part of project teams
Preferred Qualifications Job Open Date 09/18/2020 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/100719 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application