Executive Director of Center for Teaching & Learning
Please view posting details below. To apply to this posting, please click the link above.
Executive Director of Center for Teaching & Learning
This field only applies to Faculty
Commensurate with education and experience.
District, Trinity River
DT Center for Teaching & Lear
The Executive Director of the Center for Teaching & Learning is responsible for leading a team in providing training resources and professional learning opportunities for the college. A primary responsibility for the Executive Director is to collaborate with college leaders who are tasked with leading the strategic work of the college to provide essential support to identify the resource or contribute to lead the CTL team in the development of programming which aligns with the college’s strategic priorities; audiences for this programming will include all employee categories as need and circumstances require. Works collaboratively with the Office of Human Resources to ensure any foundational values and perspectives are consistently reflected in the learning opportunities provided through the Center for Teaching and Learning. This position reports to the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides professional leadership and direction to the College’s Center for Teaching & Learning ( CTL ).
• Consults and collaborates in accreditation, program review, and related change assessment efforts; ensures a contribution to the overall culture of faculty excellence by engaging faculty in designing, leading, and assessing the outcomes of faculty development initiatives.
• Ensures programs and services offered by the CTL are directly linked to the faculty performance review process; maintains a focus based on assessing impact and building capacity through professional development; and aligns the work of the CTL with the institution’s mission and student success agenda.
• Leads the CTL team in the collaboration with other college leaders on the development of professional learning programming in support of the College’s vision, goals, and principles.
• Ensures faculty learning opportunities are designed to align with the College’s Faculty Framework for Student Success, are linked to expectations for faculty excellence, and directly correllate to faculty evaluations while aiming to strengthen our faculty’s teaching skills, competencies, and expertise, fostering innovation in the classroom.
• Supervises and directs personnel with expertise in instruction and course design to host a range of programming to align with the college’s strategic needs and priorities
• Engages with the college’s strategy leaders to stay apprised of teaching improvement and student success initiatives; collaborates with these leaders to ensure alignment of professional learning with the institution’s strategic needs and priorities
• Works collaboratively with college leaders to provide the training and support for the development and implementation of course and program assessments, evaluations, learning outcomes assessments
• Hires and manages innovative professionals skilled in instructional design, creation of professional development programs, and developing interpersonal relationships to host a range of programming reflecting the college’s strategic needs and priorities.
• Manages the budget for the CTL .
• Continuously seeks guidance of and collaboration with the Provost and provides regular updates to the office of the provost on the status of engagement and activities.
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College ( TCC )
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Doctorate degree from a regionally accredited college or university
• Six (6) years of teaching experience in higher education
• Two (2) years of experience in designing, leading, and assessing the outcomes of faculty development initiatives
• Two (2) years of experience supervising multiple staff positions
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Three (3) years of experience as a leader in faculty development
• One (1) year of experience as a coach or mentor
• Experience managing departmental budgets
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Demonstrated expertise in pedagogy, integrative learning, and/or active learning
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Effective organizational skills with attention to detail
• Expert customer service and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of, or experience with, effective facilitation techniques
• Detailed knowledge of leadership, communication, and self-reflective principles, with the ability to teach these concepts to others
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Proficient with educational technology such as a variety of LMS and active learning platforms as well as with word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet applications
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Cover Letter
- Certification / License
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Academic Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Cooperative & Experiential Education Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Distance Education Programs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth