Executive Education Professionals - Senior academic person in a university or college.
Academic Dean, Police College, UAE Ministry of Interior
We are seeking a highly innovative and collaborative Academic Dean who has recent experience with developing, implementing, and leading a Policing Studies Program at both undergraduate and advanced level. The successful candidate will hold a Ph.D. in a related field and have a strong and demonstrated record of leadership success in a similar role.
The ideal candidate will be able to work with and through a range of stakeholders to agree and implement an academic strategy which aligns with the UAE’s Future Vision for Policing. They will possess an understanding of current challenges along with a creative spirit to build on the current strengths of the College and prepare for the future.
In addition, it is anticipated this candidate will have significant experience in curriculum development, management, and fiscal skills as well as a proven record of accomplishment in teaching, research, and professional practice.
The Dean will report to the Commander of the Police College.
The anticipated start date for this role is January 2021
- As the Principal Academic Executive for the College, the Dean shall maintain administrative supervision of the Faculties, study programs, and institutional analysis in relation to the content and the delivery of all programs.
- The Dean shall initiate, plan, organize, and direct such actions necessary and appropriate to assure that the needs and standards of academic programs are established and implemented by appropriate departments and administrators.
- The Dean shall consult and advise the Commander and Academic Committees with respect to the recommendations of various academic units in relation to all strategic and operational matters.
- The Dean shall lead the development, implementation, and administrating of the approved academic policies and procedures.
In addition, the Dean will provide educational leadership for academic faculties and services and these include:
- Working directly with the Academic Committees, other concerned departments and Officers on evaluating, developing and maintaining quality teaching, learning, and support service programs, and on the continuation or development of new academic programs, including compliance with the criteria of accreditation.
- Advising and recommending to the Commander the appointment of personnel to teaching and research positions.
- Acting as liaison with Academic Affairs Committees, College faculty Members, and serving on Police College Committees as appropriate.
- Overseeing, reviewing, orienting, and supervising performance evaluations of the academic programs on a semester basis.
- Implementing the related approved policies, regulations, roles, and procedures, including criteria for admission to the programs, program operations, field experiences, and program development.
- Reviewing, evaluating, and administrating the delivery of students’ advisory services, field operations, and internship along with the selective admission and retention of students.
- Provide an Institutional Effectiveness Report to the relevant stakeholders each semester.
- Other duties as assigned by the Commander including, but not limited to, institutional advancement/effectiveness/budgeting, Student Affairs, and activities and special projects.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Earned a relevant PhD Degree from an Accredited University.
- Qualifications for appointment as a minimum a tenured Associate Professor Rank from an Internationally Accredited University.
- Strong and consistent academic track record in research and teaching in relation to Policing Studies at University level.
- 3+ years key position experience as a Dean or Senior Executive Level (Academic).
- A minimum of 3 years of demonstrated increasing responsibility in strategic planning, fiscal management, resource allocation, and personnel supervision.
This position is based in Abu Dhabi and is for an initial 3 year period. An attractive salary and benefits package is offered.
How to apply:
Provide a full cover letter and CV/Resume directly to AFAQ for Leadership Development LLC
Human Resource Contact: Lamia Abu Dan
Phone: +971 2 666 5860
Apply for Executive Education Professionals - Senior academic person in a university or college.
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly