Human Resources Manager
Dean College is a private, residential New England college grounded in a culture and tradition that all students deserve the opportunity to discover and exceed their greatest aspirations.
A personal and transformative community since 1865, Dean tirelessly inspires our students to unimagined heights through personalized support and integrated delivery of academic, co-curricular and experiential learning.
Our graduates are lifelong learners who thrive in their careers, embrace social responsibility and demonstrate leadership.
This is The Dean Difference.
Consistently recognized as a Top Regional College and a Best Value School by U.S. News & World Report and name a College of Distinction for four consecutive years, Dean Serves approximately 1,200 full-time students and 300 part-time students and offers over 50 combined bachelor's and associate degree programs and specializations, as well as a robust schedule of continuing studies and certificate programs throughout the year.
Dean College is perfectly situated in Franklin, Massachusetts, which is conveniently located between Boston and Providence, Rhode Island and is accessible to Boston by commuter rail. The Dean College/Franklin station is only a five-minute walk from campus. Approximately 90 percent of the College's student population live on campus.
Dean provides a supportive academic environment that thrives on student engagement and exceptional teaching. The Dean Difference is exemplified through each student's commitment to their professional futures, social responsibility and leadership. Outside of the classroom, students participate in 16 athletic teams and more than 30 on-campus groups and organizations.
Ninety-six percent of our bachelor's degree students are employed or enrolled in graduate school within 12 months of graduation. Alumni are hard at work in top-ranked graduate programs and are employed by organizations such as Universal Studios, Dell Technologies, Liberty Mutual, Kraft Sports Entertainment, the Boston Ballet, and more.
I. Job Summary
Under direction, this "hands-on" role manages the institutional human resources policies and practices for faculty and staff. Emphasis is on benefit administration, compliance and compensation analysis, as well as with employee relations and Title IX issues.
II. Job Duties
- Responsible for the management of benefit programs with regard to plan options, policy features, enrollment and communication. Assists in the planning, developing, and redesigning of benefits and benefit costs. Ensures compliance with federal and state laws;
- Responsible for Worker Compensation, Unemployment, COBRA and all benefit administration;
- Serves as Plan Administrator for the College's Defined Contribution Retirement Plan/403(b) Plan. Responsible for the Annual Plan Audits, Plan Document, Summary Plan Description, Investment Committee and Plan Amendments;
- Researches, gathers, interprets and analyzes data to compare and define compensation levels for new and current employees. Participates in salary surveys and formulates salary recommendations;
- Assists the CHRO with HR investigations. Participates in the resolution process of employee relations issues;
- Assists with delivery of New Hire Orientation;
- Participates with new hire interviews, Employee Events;
- Prepares, analyzes and validates various reports;
- Performs various payroll timekeeping related duties, including the entry and payment of disability salary continuation and severance; resolving time entry issues and errors in the timekeeping system(s);
- Participates in the testing of new functionalities and version releases of the HRIS system as needed;
- Maintains neat and orderly files. Organizes and files all necessary forms, paperwork and other relevant materials in the Employee File;
- Assists in other areas of the HR function as required to complete special projects or support HR initiatives as assigned.
- BA/BS degree is required; Master's preferred;
- 5-7 years professional, hands-on HR experience; Higher Ed experience preferred;
- Must possess solid technical skills and have experience managing HRIS systems, have general knowledge of and practical application of payroll & benefit administration and regulatory compliance; Ellucian Colleague experience preferred;
- Confidentiality, flexibility, creativity and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously is required;
- Ability to make connections with employees and possess conflict resolution skills;
- Previous experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and HRIS/Benefits database is required.
Dean College is an equal-opportunity, Title IX institution and pledges to recruit, select and promote diversity by providing equality of opportunity in higher education for all persons, including faculty and staff with respect to hiring, continuation, promotion, and applicants for admission, enrolled students and graduates without discrimination or segregation.
The College is interested in candidates who have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of colleagues, students, faculty, and community members. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis. Dean College prohibits discrimination and harassment based on sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, work-related injury or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in College programs, services, and activities. A pre-employment background screen is required for all employees.
The Assistant Dean of Students, located on the second floor of the Campus Center, telephone 508-541-1841, coordinates the college's compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 Act.
The Director of Human Resources on the first floor of Dean Hall, telephone, 508-541-1681 coordinates the college's compliance with titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act and amendments, and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
The Dean College Athletics Department is a Division III member of the NCAA and competes as a member of the New England Collegiate Conference (NECC), Eastern Collegiate Football Conference (ECFC), and the USCAA and complies with all NCAA Division III Rules and Regulations.
Please submit your Resume/CV, Cover Letter, all unofficial transcripts; and contact information of three references. (PLEASE NOTE: Applications that are incomplete will not be considered).
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload your Cover Letter and any additional documents.
See the FAQ for using our online system.
Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your Dean College Careers Account to check your completed application or upload additional documents.