Assistant to the Chair
English: The Assistant to the Chair provides administrative expertise to assist the chair in formulating and implementing a wide range of fiscal, programmatic, and day-to-day policies and practices.
Duties to include but limited to:
- Supervise classified and student employees including hiring, delegating, performance evaluations, and approving timesheets.
- Administer purchasing and expenditures for multiple departmental budgets, work with chair to formulate long and short term budget expenditure plans and manage external grants.
- Help coordinate long-term and semester departmental course scheduling for classes offered for English, and enter in course changes to the university's enterprise resource planning system.
- Arrange tenure and promotion packets for probationary and tenure faculty for review by departmental committee; review and approve travel reimbursements, supply and computer expenses, and departmental credit card expenses and/or purchases.
- Assist chair in communication with faculty, other university offices, and external correspondence.
- Initiate full time and part time faculty teaching and administrative electronic contracts for academic year, winter term, and summer.
- Provide administrative expertise to assist chair in formulating and implementing fiscal, programmatic, and day-to-day policies and practices.
- Experience in or ability to learn regarding budget/data management; supervise employees and exercise authority and independent decision-making; excellent written and oral communication skills.
Requirements: High school diploma or GED; at least 3 years of experience. Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the knowledge/skills/abilities listed above may be substituted. Experience in these knowledge/skills/abilities may be earned concurrently. Position not eligible for H1B sponsorship.
Consideration may be given to candidates with a Bachelor's degree.
Submit cover letter and curriculum vitae to http://jobs.miamioh.edu/cw/en-us/job/496974?lApplicationSubSourceID=. Inquiries may be directed to Madelyn Detloff at email@example.com. Screening of applications will begin September 30, 2020 and continue until the position is filled.
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free.