Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Penn State Berks, a baccalaureate campus college of Penn State located in Southeastern, Pennsylvania, invites applications for the position of Associate Dean for Academic Affairs. The Associate Dean represents the Chancellor as the chief academic officer of the college locally and at University Park meetings. They report directly to the Chancellor and serves in his absence as the chief executive officer of the college. The Associate Dean works closely with the Chancellor and senior leadership in planning and fiscal management.
The Associate Dean is responsible for:
- Overall academic planning and assessment
- Instructional support
- Curriculum development
- Faculty hiring, development, promotion and tenure
The Associate Dean provides academic leadership, planning, and fiscal management in the following areas:
- The college's three academic divisions, which offer a range of baccalaureate degree programs
- Academic advising
- Instructional and learning support, including the Library
- Academic enhancements such as, first-year initiatives, undergraduate research, academic internships, international programs, and honors programs
They lead in shaping the college`s academic policies and practices, in sustaining academic standards, and in fostering a fruitful collaboration with other units of the college and the University. Working with the Director of Student Affairs, they take a leading role in connecting Academic Affairs with Student Affairs. The Associate Dean fosters a climate that encourages interdisciplinary, active and collaborative learning; supports disciplinary strengths; integrates teaching, research, and service; promotes student academic success; enriches college diversity; and enhances the intellectual discourse of inquiry and discovery.
- An earned Doctorate from an accredited institution
- Record of excellent teaching, research and service in a tenured position appropriate for a tenured, senior rank appointment in a field relevant to Penn State Berks
- Significant record of responsible experience in academic administration and budgetary responsibilities with credentials that demonstrate the candidate`s ability to perform with distinction the duties described above
Interested parties should submit the following materials:
- Formal letter of application
- Current curriculum vitae
- Names and contact information of three references
Review of applications will begin October 31, 2020, and continue until the position is filled.
The anticipated start date for the successful candidate will be July 1, 2021.
Employment will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
For information about Penn State Berks' location, its faculty, staff, students, degree programs, and other characteristics, please visit our website: https://berks.psu.edu" target="_blank">https://berks.psu.edu
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Academic/job/Penn-State-Berks/Associate-Dean-for-Academic-Affairs_REQ_0000006947
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.