Database Administrator II
At LSSC your success is our mission.
We value People. Our employees are empowered to take actions that positively impact our students and each other. We value Diversity. By embracing and celebrating our differences, we offer an inclusive and supportive work culture. We value Forward Thinking. By encouraging innovation and a collaboration, we foster a creative learning environment for students and staff. If you are looking for a place with ample opportunity to grow in your career, consider LSSC.
The Database Administrator II is responsible for performing the daily Database Administration duties for a large enterprise environment using Ellucian/Banner software with an Oracle database that interfaces with multiple MS/Windows and Linux servers.
The Database Administrator works closely with the Director of Enterprise Systems to coordinate and plan future upgrades and projects that will fully benefit the entire institution.
Responsible for demonstrating LSSC’s values of learning, people, student success, forward thinking, commitment to excellence, accessibility, diversity, partnerships, and sound management practices.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensure that the ERP is continually available for all users. Install, configure, update and maintain every component of the Ellucian/Banner system and Oracle database. Ensure functionality of the Disaster Recovery stand-by system.
2. Work closely with Director of Network Infrastructure’s team to create and manage VM Host Servers, MS/Windows and Linux servers. Coordinate server setups for DMZ and internal networks as well as the stand-by Disaster Recovery system. Ensures Active Directory data is accurate and Single Sign On to Banner system is operating nominally.
3. Coordinate daily with Director of Enterprise Systems to plan and schedule future upgrades and projects that will fully benefit the entire institution.
4. Assist on all internal and 3rd party/cloud applications. Ensure all data used in State Reporting submissions are accurate and all State Reporting programming is up-to-date.
5. Create project solutions for the benefit of the entire institution. Design programming solutions that utilize stored procedures, packages, public functions, and Application Express with appropriate levels of error checking.
6. Consult with clients to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features, and input and output requirements. Work with user departments to resolve specific problems or make changes in programs.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Required: Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution. Associates degree and seven (7) years required experience may be accepted in lieu of Bachelor's degree,
EXPERIENCE: Required: Minimum five (5) years’ experience maintaining application systems in a large enterprise environment that are secure, stable and operate at optimal performance. Five (5) years’ experience in ERP systems specifically Ellucian Banner, Oracle database systems and third-party applications such as Canvas, Application Express, and Evisions preferred. Five (5) years’ experience programming complex solutions using Oracle PL/SQL or MS/SQL required. Working familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.
CERTIFICANTIONS/LICENSES: Certification in Oracle and Microsoft SQL a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
- Ability to test and debug computer programs.
- Ability to review and analyze systems specifications to determine whether all required elements have been included.
- Ability to exercise critical human relations skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with the college community.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity.