Assistant Professor (Special Education)
Title: Assistant Professor (Special Education)
Job Category: Faculty
Department: School of Education-SIUC
College: School of Education-SIUC
Southern Illinois University Carbondale seeks applicants for an Assistant Professor position in the Special Education program in the School of Education. The position is a continuing, nine-month, tenure track appointment to begin August 16, 2021. An additional summer teaching appointment may be possible contingent upon funding and student demand. Progress in rank will require demonstrations of productivity in research, publication, teaching, and service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach undergraduate and graduate level courses in special education in one or more of the following areas: a) ecological assessment, b) functional curriculum, c) instructional adaptations and modifications, and/or d) behavior strategies and interventions across settings. Opportunities will also include advanced seminars in a specialty area of the person’s choosing.
- Serve on graduate student committees.
- Serve on program, School of Education and university committees.
- Conduct research leading to peer reviewed, scholarly publications.
- Seek external funds to sponsor research, training, and service activities.
- The rank of Assistant Professor requires a completed doctorate in special education or a closely related discipline. Applicants who have completed all requirements except for the dissertation will be considered if all doctoral degree requirements will be completed by August 15, 2021. If all requirements for the doctorate are not completed by that date, a term, non-tenure track appointment may be offered in accordance with University policy (http://policies.siu.edu/personnel_policies/chapter2/ch2-faps/conting.php).
- Evidence of peer-reviewed, scholarly publication.
- Professional experience in one or more of the following areas: ecological assessment, functional curriculum, instructional adaptations and modifications across curricular areas, and/or behavior strategies and interventions across instructional and community settings.
- Prior university teaching experience.
- Experience, interest and potential for extramural funding.
General Information: Please visit https://jobs.siu.edu to create an account and apply.
Contact: Sarah Frierdich
Deadline to Apply: 10/16/20
SIU Carbondale is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer of
individuals with disabilities and protected veterans that strives to enhance its
ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase its potential to
serve a diverse student population. All applications are welcomed
and encouraged and will receive consideration.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Carbondale
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Carbondale
- Special Education Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Carbondale
- Teacher Education Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Carbondale