Communications and Marketing Associate - Undergraduate Admission
Concordia University Chicago invites applications for the full-time, exempt position of Communications and Marketing Associate – Undergraduate Admission. This position reports directly to the Associate Vice President for Communications and Marketing while collaborating closely with the Assistant Vice President for Enrollment, and is located in River Forest, IL.
This position serves as the primary liaison between UCMS and the Office of Undergraduate Admission, providing marketing direction to that office and coordinating related projects and initiatives as assigned. This role works closely with all team members to ensure accuracy, currency and visual impact of all materials produced while clearly conveying the University's branding, image and messaging. This position coordinates production with external vendors and ensures compliance with necessary internal and external standards as required.
The individual in this position is responsible for managing the comprehensive suite of communications and marketing projects related to the University’s recruitment and enrollment of traditional undergraduate students. This includes providing leadership and creation of the undergraduate enrollment marketing plan; serving as liaison with external application generation and student search partners; collaborating with senior administration on budget development; and coordinating with external vendors. Management of related digital properties including social media accounts and website content is an integral component to successfully communicating with specific target populations. Successful candidates for this position will be marketing generalists with broad demonstrated experience and skillsets including graphic design, copywriting, print production, email communication, digital advertising, and effective storytelling.
As a member of the University Communications and Marketing Services and greater Advancement teams, this position collaborates in all department activities and provides ongoing technical guidance and communications support to achieve department, strategic enrollment and University goals.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing a broad array of integrated communications and marketing media, from creative concept, to development, through production with positive outcomes
- Demonstrated accuracy with excellent copywriting, proofreading and editing skills; Familiarly and use of AP Style
- Demonstrated understanding and implementation of effective marketing communications, branding and visual standards; effective design principles and production processes, including current trends, technology and practice
- Demonstrated experience in effective and current graphic design principles, including expertise with the Macintosh publishing software including Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator); Strong familiarity and skill with Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments with excellent organization, planning and attention to details in collaboration with others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, as well as prioritize and consistently meet deadlines, is essential
- Familiarity and experience with budget development and management
- Evidence of creation and management of a comprehensive marketing production plan/schedule with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of production processes and managing work with external vendors for optimal cost savings; experience collaborating and overseeing projects with external graphic designers and writers
- Ability to work both independently and in team settings
- Demonstrated attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Commitment to the mission of the University and servant leadership
Minimum Experience Required:
Minimum 3-5 years' experience in a comprehensive marketing/communications role; Work experience in a higher education environment preferred.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in marketing, communications, public relations, graphic design or related discipline required
Compensation and Benefits:
Starting range is dependent upon individual qualifications and experience. Concordia health, disability and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees and their eligible dependents. Tuition benefits are also available for employees and their qualified dependents.
Interested individuals should include a cover letter, resume and references with their online application.
Concordia does not discriminate in the employment of individuals on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex or age. As an institution of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, however, and to the extent allowed by law, Concordia University reserves the right to give preference in employment based upon religious affiliation.
Concordia University Chicago does not generally sponsor for employment visas except for positions that oversee, teach or support our international programs.
About Concordia University Chicago:
Concordia University Chicago is a liberal arts-based Christian university founded in the Lutheran tradition. Through its College of Arts and Sciences, College of Business, College of Education, College of Graduate Studies, and College of Innovative and Professional Programs, Concordia-Chicago offers more than 160 areas of study in small classes taught by professors who are passionate about teaching and student success. All undergraduate and graduate degrees are fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Concordia University Chicago has been recognized as a College of Distinction since 2010, and in 2013 was named to the U.S. President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll for the fifth time. For the sixth consecutive year, combined undergraduate and graduate enrollment has exceeded more than 5,000 students. Concordia University Chicago is located in River Forest, 10 miles west of downtown Chicago. Learn more at CUChicago.edu.
Steadfast in Jesus Christ as revealed in the Holy Scriptures, Concordia University Chicago promotes academic rigor in its liberal arts and professional programs; grounds students in objective truth, integrity, and excellence; and practices faithfulness to the Confessional teachings of the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod, as it forms students for vocations in church, family, and the world.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in River Forest
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in River Forest
- Public Relations & Marketing (Campus) Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in River Forest