Ben Taub Hospital is a county-funded general hospital built in 1963 to serve the needs of the Houston area. The Psychiatry Service at BTH provides inpatient and outpatient treatment for medically indigent and psychiatrically impaired persons. As a member of the Psychiatry team, the postdoctoral fellow will provide assessment and therapy services to psychiatric patients in the outpatient and inpatient setting. For the upcoming academic year (2020-2021), there will be two full-time postdoctoral fellowships available for the Baylor College of Medicine/Ben Taub Hospital Adult Inpatient/Outpatient Track. On the inpatient rotation, the fellow will become an integral member of two multi-disciplinary treatment teams In addition to the primary rotation duties, each fellow will have the opportunity to choose an Elective Rotation (i.e. individual therapy, research, specialized outpatient groups, human trafficking patients, assessment). The training program is flexible and tailored to the fellow’s interests and needs upon agreement between supervisors and fellow. Some activities are required, but there is considerable room for customization within the general categories of training activities.
- Provide psychological assessments and therapy services to psychiatric outpatients.
- Serve as a primary clinician for the Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP).
- Teach psychology seminars to medical students, and participate in ongoing research protocols.
- Conduct psychological assessment and consultation services to medical inpatients through the hospital Consultation and Liaison Service (C&L).
- Function as consultants on the treatment teams and provide services that include individual therapy, group therapy, and brief psychological assessments to patients admitted to the inpatient unit.
- Participate in activities that may include treatment, case conceptualization, and clinical research.
- PhD or PsyD from an accredited doctoral program in clinical or counseling psychology.
- Completion of an APA-accredited predoctoral internship no more than five years prior to the initial appointment date.
- Graduate from APA- or CPA-Accredited Counseling or Clinical Psychology Ph.D. or Psy.D. training program.
- Experience in a psychiatric inpatient setting. Experience administering psychological test batteries, including projective measures.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.