Veteran and Military Affairs Transition Program Manager
The CU Boulder Office of Veteran and Military Affairs (VMA) welcomes applications for our Transition Program Manager ! This position is a full-time professional exempt position that reports to the Director of Veteran and Military Affairs. The manager is responsible for being the VMA office single point of contact for all CU Boulder student veteran career related issues, queries and events. The VMA Transition Program Manager must maintain a detailed and current working knowledge of VMA policies, general information on Veterans Administration Educational Benefits polices, and University rules, regulations, and procedures. This position provides excellent, efficient, and timely customer service to current and prospective CU Boulder student veterans.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The CU Boulder Veteran and Military Affairs (VMA) is a one-stop shop for all programs, policies, pay, information and support for prospective and current student veterans and veteran dependents. VMA understands that veterans and military members living, working, and receiving their education at CU Boulder are a valued and vital component of our campus community. We recognize and honor their sacrifices and value their life experiences as they broaden the diversity of our staff, faculty and student body. We also recognize their special circumstances and the need for our campus to assist them in making the successful transition into our campus environment. VMA supplements the recruitment and retention of veterans to the Boulder campus. We provide a key point of contact for counseling and program information for the veteran/military community at CU Boulder, while developing and maintaining productive relations with off-campus organizations and programs serving veterans.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Leadership and Communication
- Provide a first point of contact for employers seeking to hire student veterans for internships and full time positions upon successful degree completion at CU Boulder.
- Facilitate employer connections to campus as appropriate, and in collaboration with existing CU Boulder career services professionals, VMA staff, faculty and university administrators.
- Develop and formalize effective working relationships with VMA corporate partners and other employers which will include the execution of on-campus VMA sponsored networking events.
Collaboration and Implementation
- Provide career advising services to CU Boulder undergraduate and graduate veteran students, including individual advising with students and program development and delivery in support of student internship placement and post-graduation employment.
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, community organizations and employers on programming initiatives, including programming in support of VMA Winter and Summer Bridge Programs and first year seminars.
- Design, implement, and teach workshops on career decision-making, internships and job readiness/search skills.
- Work responsively with student veteran leadership and organizations on campus to develop career competency resources and enhance student participation.
- Collaborate with the VMA academic advisory, tutors, and administrators to support and track students changing education and career goals.
- Build and maintain data tracking systems to support current and future growth in VMA career specific programs.
- Track and develop reports concerning CU Boulder student veteran post-graduation job placement rates, internship participation, and graduate industry employment trends.
- Assist in the maintenance of the VMA website, customer relations management, contact list, and other VMA sponsored events.
Outreach and Development
- Collaborate with other universities and colleges across Colorado and the United States on career programs and services that are passionate about student veterans in higher education.
- Attend trainings and ongoing education as appropriate to maintain and develop career advising capabilities, with a particular focus on transitioning military service records to civilian resumes.
- Participate in training seminars, conferences, committee meetings, and other meetings for professional development.
What We Can Offer
Anticipated Starting Salary Range is $50,000 - $60,000 Commensurate With Experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Effective. Be Resourceful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two years of experience in career advising.
What You Will Need
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to conduct presentations to both small and large groups.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- A strong commitment to customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High commitment to student veterans and their connections to the university.
- Counseling skills-listening, advising, framing issues and concerns, communication skills.
- Knowledge of career exploration assessments and the ability to administer and interpret assessments.
- Ability to track clients progression and assist with adjustments to actions.
- Referral knowledge and the ability to make referrals to appropriate other entities.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Master’s degree.
- 3 years active duty experience with the United States Military.
- Demonstrated leadership in the development of new programs or initiatives.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- 1-3 years of experience in higher education.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by October 1, 2020 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Career Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder