Beginner and Intermediate Microsoft Office Instructor
About Roxbury Community College:
Center for Workforce Development Mission:
The Mission of the Center for Workforce Development (CWD) at Roxbury Community College is to provide quality professional training for the residents of the Greater Roxbury and surrounding Boston metropolitan communities, skills upgrades for new and incumbent workers, and customized training for Businesses to help them reach their workforce goals. We offer a variety of short-term, non-credit training courses during the day and evening hours, and on weekends so students can attend training on a schedule that is convenient for them.
The instructor shall be responsible for: providing effective and high-quality instruction; helping students master course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining current knowledge in their teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics; assisting with curriculum development and program review.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide instruction on Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Work assigned schedule reliably and punctually
- Assess student performance in achieving course goals and objectives
- Keep accurate records in accordance with the Roxbury Community College policies
- Maintain open lines of communication with the Center for Workforce Development staff
- Collaborate with the Center of Workforce Development staff to continually improve course
- Maintain updated course description, course outline, and syllabi as appropriate
- Instructors shall have:
- Appropriate knowledge, experience and skill, in the course subject
- License, and/or professional credentials where applicable,
- Ability to lead and conduct classroom courses and/or workshops
- Ability to employ a variety of teaching methods to engage all students
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Passionate about course content
- Certification in Microsoft Office Suite
- Prior teaching experience in course subject
- Experience working with students from diverse social, cultural, and economic backgrounds who possess wide ranges of academic abilities and interests.
- Prior teaching experience at a community college.
- Experience teaching online and/or hybrid courses.
- Familiarity with and ability to operate or oversee the operation of audio-visual equipment, including overhead projectors, film, sound systems, video, television, interactive video and audio equipment including computer controlled mixed media presentations.
- All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Appointment is subject to SORI (Sexual Offense Registry Information) background check, and a publicly accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offense Registry Information) background check.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.mass.edu/clery .
Application Deadline: Applicants accepted on a Rolling basis, as needed
Expected Start Date: Spring 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Boston
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Boston
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Boston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Boston
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Part Time jobs in Boston