Family & Community Engagement Specialist I/II/III - Elmore, Autauga, Pike, Lee
Requisition Number S426P Home Org Name Human Devlmnt Family Studies Division Name College of Human Sciences Position Title Family & Community Engagement Specialist I/II/III - Elmore, Autauga, Pike, Lee Job Class Code CA32 A/B/C Appointment Status Full-time Part-time FTE Limited Term Yes Limited Term Length One year Job Summary
This is a one year, limited term appointment to serve Elmore, Autauga, Pike, Lee, and surrounding counties in Alabama. Continuation of employment is contingent upon available funding.
The Family & Community Engagement Specialist plans, teaches, implements, and evaluates research based educational programs and information to improve the lives of low income, under-resourced families and children participating in the Early Head Start Program.
- Works with assigned families to establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment, including supervision of children. Collaborates and supports families to implement sound family life practices, extend learning into the home, and connect with community partners and schools.
- Ensure comprehensive services are provided to all families and children enrolled in the Auburn University Early Head Start program.
- Collaborate with the Service Delivery team to ensure the team is knowledgeable of each family’s needs and of the services that are being provided.
- Teaches, plans, implements, and evaluates individualized curriculum and research-based educational programs designed to improve the lives of families and children in order to promote school readiness, healthy individuals, and family functioning.
- Collaborate with teachers, caregivers, and other center based staff to provide seamless services to assist children and families.
- Make home visits to families as needed or required.
- Ensures that parent and family engagement activities are systematic and integrated across program foundations and program impact areas, and family engagement outcomes are achieved, resulting in children who are healthy and ready for school.
- Provide parents with transitional activities into Early Head Start and from Early Head Start to other educational settings.
- Collaborates with partner agencies and other groups that support families and children in order to achieve positive outcomes for children of all abilities. May collaborate with partner agencies to establish and develop community resource programs where needed.
- Participate in social service trainings, staff meetings, monthly center parent meetings and other gatherings as required.
- Documents work goals, progress, and assessments with each provider on the mentor’s caseload. Ensures documentation is submitted in a timely manner.
- Enter family data in program database accurately and in a timely manner to facilitate program services.
- Generates and analyzes assessments in order for the Family Services Coordinators to implement changes as needed to contribute to continuous quality improvements. Documents children and families’ progress through ongoing observation and direct assessment activities; uses that data to plan and individualize curriculum.
- Develops tools and systems for monitoring, tracking, analyzing, and reporting family engagement outcomes.
- Recruit and enroll children and families to receive Early Head Start services.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education Level Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution Field of Study
Must have a degree in social work, human services, family services, counseling, or related field. Within 18 months of hire, employees with a degree not related to Human Sciences must satisfy one of the following (1) must attain certificate or licensure in program such as social work, public health, or counseling, or (2) must attain a master’s degree in human services, family services, or related field.
Years of Experience None required Area of Experience
Experience in parent education/training, caregiver training, working with families, and/or interview data collection
Requirements for Additional Job Levels
Level I – Bachelor’s degree in discipline appropriate to the position with no experience
Level II – Bachelor’s degree in discipline appropriate to the position plus 2 years experience
Level III – Bachelor’s degree in discipline appropriate to the position plus 4 years experience
Education Level Field of Study Years of Experience When a candidate has the required education, but lacks the required experience, they may normally apply additional appropriate education toward the experience requirement, at a rate of one (1) year relevant education per year of required Area of Experience Requirements for Additional Job Levels
Minimum Skills and Abilities Minimum Technology Skills Minimum License and Certifications
Valid Drivers License required.
Within 18 months of hire, the employee must obtain licensure or certification in his/her respective field of practice. For example, employees with a degree in social work must obtain a designation of Licensed Bachelor Social Worker ( LBSW ), Licensed Graduate Social Worker ( LGSW ), or Licensed Certified Social Worker ( LCSW ).
Desired qualifications include experience working with families with young children, familiarity or experience with at-risk families and children age birth-three; family child care; Early Head Start; parent education; experience observing and assessing preschool age children, and providing feedback to adults about those children’s development; excellent communication and interpersonal skills with service in mind; ability to work with a diverse population in a professional and friendly manner; ability to work independently with limited supervision; ability to work under pressure and unexpected deadlines.
Salary Grade 31 Salary Range $31,300 - $65,500 Job Category Administrative Working Hours if Non-Traditional List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by this position Posting Date 09/17/2020 Closing Date 10/01/2020 EEO Statement
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER . It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Special Instructions to Applicants Quick Link for Internal Postings http://www.auemployment.com/postings/19465 Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How were you made aware of this opportunity?
- AU Employment website
- Employment websites (Indeed, HigherEd Jobs, etc.)
- Veterans Assistance Services
- Disability Assistance Services
- Professional Journal
- HR email
- Social Media
- State Employment Service
- * Please select the answer that best describes your current
employment relationship with Auburn University.
- Not a current Auburn employee
- Current Auburn employee in position less than one year
- Current Auburn employee in position more than one year
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of
- * Do you have a valid driver's license or the ability to obtain
one prior to selection?
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Professional Fields Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Social Work & Human Services Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Human Development & Family Sciences Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn