University Code 22034 University Title Senior Health Sciences Coordinator 1 University Job Family Health Sciences ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Job Series Scope of Search Local Working Title Data Coordinator Position Number 570490 Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Internal Medicine Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Data Coordinator is responsible for the collection, entry and quality assurance of data for all VCU Health Ryan White Programs. The Data Coordinator interprets clinical data using statistical summaries for various program performance operations. The Data Coordinator will work with all Ryan White staff to document clinical, demographic, and service related data for patients receiving care under Ryan White grant funded clinic.
Essential areas include:
1. Data collection and data entry into the CAREWare (CW) or other data systems – Collect, review, interpret, and enter data into appropriate systems in a timely fashion.
2. Quality improvement activities under VCU Ryan White grant funded clinics – Assist Data Manger and Quality Manager with improvement activities and projects. Interpret data for progress reports, monitor and analyze trends
3. Data Manager assistance – Point of contact for CW system, act in the absence of the Data Manager, provide data security screening
4. Billing – Serve as the liaison between VCU Ryan White programs and various billing departments for patient bill processing
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of college and related experience.
• Excellent interpersonal skills. • Ability to work independently under minimum supervision and attention to detail.
• Knowledge of medical records, clinical data entry, data quality control and IT system.
• Familiarity with quality management and project development principles.
• Skill in training other staff in various database functions and how to run certain reports and performance measures.
• Willing to learn more about HIV / AIDS .
• Ability to work autonomously and to manage tasks efficiently.
• Must have the ability to meet specific deadlines and coordinate multiple tasks.
• Experience in clinical data entry/collection or data system management.
• Strong IT knowledge and experience.
• Strong knowledge of data system, clinical paper chart and Electric Medical Records.
• Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a diverse work environment.
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Minimum one year experience in clinical data collection, entry or data system management.
• Some IT experience.
• Strong knowledge of data spreadsheet and database, clinical paper chart and Electric Medical Records.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $30,700 $43,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 hours weekly Normal Work Days/Hours Momday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Job Open Date 09/17/2020 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Research Is this a restricted position? Yes Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/100385 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please describe your work experience, education, and training
that is directly related to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Research Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond