Manager of Student Employment & Leadership - Community Work & Learning
The Center for Community Work and Learningat St.
Catherine University invites applications for aManager of
Student Employment and Leadershipposition. This is a regular,
St. Catherine Universityin St. Paul, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for both women and men. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.
The Center for Community Work and Learning (CWL) engages community partners to enhance student academic learning and create opportunities for student leadership development through service-learning and student employment on and off campus. This position leadsCWLstudent employment program vision and oversight while providing day to day implementation and support of our student workers. The position ensures thatCWLstudent employment programs accomplish student learning and leadership development objectives, community and campus partner priorities, and advance the university’s mission and academic master plan.
- Engage students and student leaders in deepening their academic
experience through work with local programs that serve our
community and support social justice goals.
- Mentor students in navigating their experiences.
- Communicate respectfully and build relationships of trust with
people of all cultures and abilities, affirming the worth and
preserving the dignity of individuals, families, and
- Lead CWL’s student employment programs and budget
- Manage Community Leaders and Assistantship Mentoring
- Collaborate with and support community partners and campus
- Create and deliver professional development training for
graduate and undergraduate students.
- SuperviseCWLstudent coordinators and
student workers participating inCWLemployment programs.
- Oversee grant proposals and reports including budget and
- Supervise America Reads Tutor Program staff.
- Lead evaluation and documentation work specific to student
employment programs withCWLstaff.
- Work collaboratively withCWLstaff to
advance Center goals and high-impact practices.
- Communicate respectfully and build trusting relationships with people of all backgrounds.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years of experience in higher education, civic/community
engagement, nonprofit or related field
- One year of supervisory experience including hiring, training,
motivating, and facilitating professional development for
professional or student employees
- Experience in project and/or program oversight, design,
management, and evaluation
- Budget management and tracking experience within the nonprofit
or community program arena
- Experience using microsoft office and google suite
- Five years of experience in community/civic engagement within
- Experience creating and implementing programs in an educational
- Grant writing and/or grant management experience
- Experience with community-based research
We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the university’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service.EEO Statement
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us at email@example.com or 651-690-6565.To Apply and Special/Other Requirements Summary
Visit https://www.stkate.edu/careers to apply! For position
information, email D’Ann Urbaniak Lesch, firstname.lastname@example.org. Three
references and successful completion of a background check are
required for employment.Applications will be accepted until
October 7, 2020. Priority will be given to applications received by
October 1, 2020.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer; Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper MidwestHERCand is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- *What is your highest level of
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- *How many years of full-time work
experience do you have in one or more of the following
environments: ● College or university ● Civic or community
engagement ● Nonprofit
- One year
- Two years
- Three years
- Four years
- Five years
- Six years or more
- *How many years of experience do you
have where you supervised employees or students? Additionally, in
which roles did you gain this experience?
(Open Ended Question)
- *In which position did you gain
experience in project and/or program design, management and
(Open Ended Question)
- *In which role(s) have you managed a
budget and what was the total volume?
(Open Ended Question)
- *Are you presently legally authorized
to work in the United States for any U.S. employer? Please be aware
that St. Catherine University is only able to consider candidates
who are authorized to work in the United States.
- *St. Catherine University welcomes
applications from candidates who are traditionally
under-represented. We are happy to consider candidates who are
currently in possession of a temporary work visa, however, please
be aware that we do not offer H1-B sponsorship. Will you now or in
the future require an employer to sponsor you for an
employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- *Can you perform the essential
functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- *How did you hear about this
- St. Catherine University Website
- St. Catherine University employee referral
- Newspaper - Star Tribune paper
- Newspaper - Star Tribune web
- Community agency
- Newspaper - Pioneer Press paper
- Newspaper -Pioneer Press web
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Cover Letter
- Other Document 1
- Other Document 2
- Professional Reference Contact Information
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul