University Field Supervisor
Position University Field Supervisor Full Time/Part Time Part Time Job Type Term Appointment Position Summary
The School of Education seeks to recruit staff who enthusiastically support the University’s strong commitment to the academic success of all of our students and who embrace our Mission, Vision, and Core Values.
Mission – New Mexico Highlands University is a public comprehensive university serving our local and global communities. Our mission is to provide opportunities for Undergraduate and Graduate students to attain an exceptional education by fostering creativity, critical thinking and research in the liberal arts, sciences, and professions within a diverse community.
Vision – Our vision is to be a premier comprehensive university transforming lives and communities now and for generations to come.
Core Values –
Duties and Responsibilities
The Alternative Teacher Certification Program has the need for a Full-Time University Field Supervisor for Alternative Teacher Licensure Interns.
Serve as a mentor and instructional coach for our Alternative Licensure teachers out in the field. These teachers will be out working in K-12local school districts from all over the State of New Mexico, though most will be in the areas of Albuquerque, Las Vegas, Santa Fe, and Farmington, NM.
Exhibit professionalism, courtesy, respect, and be approachable.
Meet weekly with Alternative Licensure Teachers and their mentors; may meet via ZOOM or GoReact.
Will meet with the Alternative Licensure Teachers and their mentors within the first week of each 8 week module to ensure the needed support necessary.
Facilitate formal and informal discussions about Alternative Licensure Teacher’s progress and areas of needed growth.
Communicate requirements and expectations to the Alternative Licensure Teacher throughout the semester.
Communicate in a timely manner in person, through telephone calls, and/or e-mail.
Support the development of the Alternative Licensure Teacher by providing constructive, and relevant, useful, and written feedback after observed lessons.
Collaborate and coordinate to schedule mid-term and final evaluation conferences, and monitor student progress.
Visit sites on a weekly basis during Internship. Collaborate on annual summer bootcamp.
Maintain regular attendance.
Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution in the teaching field.
- Strong classroom experience with K-12.
- Doctoral Degree from an accredited institution in the teaching field.
- Ten or more years of K-12 teaching experience.
- Experience with assessment of programs in an academic setting.
- Three or more years of experience in educational administration.
- Prior experience in teacher mentorship in the state of New Mexico.
- Prior Field Supervision experience.
- Should have 2+ years using NMTEACH Rubric (or comparable tool) to perform formal observations/evaluations of staff.
Special Conditions for Eligibility Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficiency teaching and communicating with colleagues and students via electronic and digital modalities.
- Proficiency in Brightspace or other Learning Management System.
- Proficiency with student advisement/information systems (e.g. Degree Audit in Banner).
- Proficiency in Via or similar system or willingness to be trained in Via (assessment/accreditation system).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to have critical conversations to help teachers improve.
- Have a strong reputation as an educator and/or classroom teacher.
- Ability to adapt to new and changing processes and technologies.
- Strong reputation as an educator and/or classroom teacher.
- Active NM Tier III Licensure (or eligibility) in applicable area.
- Ability to use technology in the performance of responsibilities.
- Must be willing to travel to schools.
- Have a valid driver’s license and mode of reliable transportation.
- Have ability to adapt to new and changing processes and technologies.
- Use NMTEACH Rubric to perform formal observations/evaluations of staff.
• Repetitive hand motion and prolonged use of computer;
• Sitting for extended periods of time;
• No or very limited physical effort required.
• Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment or remote location.
• Work with frequent interruptions.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Pay Rate $36,500 Work Location/Campus Center Las Vegas, NM Campus EEO Statement
New Mexico Highlands University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We are committed to the University values of diversity, accessibility, excellence, and responsiveness.
For disabled access or services call 505-454-3242 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the link below for more information regarding affirmative action and equal opportunity:
Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW
Posting Number AS422P Open Date 09/15/2020 Close Date 09/19/2020 Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicant
This position serves a term nine (9) month duration period. Continued employment will be contingent on continued funding. A complete online application must include: 1) Letter of interest/cover letter; 2) Resume; 3) Three (3) professional references in online application, and; 4) copies of unofficial transcripts. Candidates who are invited for on-campus interviews will be required to submit official transcripts. References will be contacted in conjunction with on-campus interview. Upload required materials with online application. For disabled access or services, call (505) 454-3242 or contact Human Resources at email@example.com NMHU IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Quick Link http://nmhu.peopleadmin.com/postings/6067 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of
- * How many staff/interns/students have you supervised in past
positions you have held?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/ Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcripts Conferring Required Degree