University of Idaho
Division/College: College of Art & Architecture
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $16.42 per hour
Full/Part Time: Full Time
This position is responsible for providing assistance to the College Dean and College administration by maintaining understanding and involvement in their activities and responsibilities; acting as the College's representative in particular situations, and assisting with coordination of the Dean's calendar, reception and space scheduling.
Other duties include: managing lock and key access for CAA faculty, staff and students; mail distribution and supply ordering, social media support and news and events updates for the College.
This position functions under supervision of the Operations Director and Dean of the College.
• Experience with office support functions; including using computer software and applications for word processing, email, internet searches, and data organization.
• Experience with office filing systems and composing a variety of business documents, and providing basic reception.
• Researching, compiling, and summarizing data for reports.
• Experience interpreting, applying and explaining complex information such as regulations, policies or services.
• Independently solving problems and performing liaison activities in a work setting and coordinating activities requiring complex arrangements.
• Experience with record keeping methods.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or four years’ experience as an administrative professional.
• Banner training and experience in Finance, Human Resources and Student modules.
• Experience with higher education academic rules, regulations, policies, procedures, curriculum, and graduation requirements.
• Multi-tasking ability and detail-oriented.
• Knowledge of office management, record keeping methods, and information management practices, computer applications for example: Word, Excel, Banner, Web Applications, planning and scheduling processes.
• Knowledge of University of Idaho policies and procedures which include, but are not limited to course offerings, registration procedures, and fee processing procedures.
• Experience working independently in project completion, working effectively and efficiently in a multi-tasking environment, applying discretionary decision-making techniques, demonstrating flexibility, utilizing conflict resolution skills and maintaining confidentiality, working with individuals from varying cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002592P
Posting Date: 09/16/2020
Closing Date: 10/20/2020
Open Until Filled: No
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.