Assistant Director, Dix and Transfer Operations
Assistant Director, Dix and Transfer Operations
Main Campus - Boston, MA
Simmons University is looking for an Assistant Director, Dix and Transfer Operations (“Assistant Director”) to join the Enrollment Management team. The Assistant Director is responsible for all of the processing of applications, audits, management of credentials, and integrations for the Dix and Transfer applications. The Assistant Director will also be responsible for ensuring proper migration of data for on-campus and online program options, application imports and credential batching. This position will report directly to the Director, Enrollment Reporting and Operations and will assist in all areas of Operations including but not limited to manual data entry, processing applications and supporting credentials, scanning, indexing and attaching of credentials for all prospective student populations. The Assistant Director is also responsible for Student Outreach Representatives, hiring and training. The Assistant Director must administer new initiatives related to Dix and Transfer recruitment as it directly relates to Operations, including the Mass Transfer Block and new program delivery initiatives.
Dix and Transfer Application Management
- Act at the lead on Dix and Transfer integration support, coordinating with Common App member support when needed;
- Manage the yearly Common App integration template updates in collaboration with the Director of Operations;
- Manage proper migration of data, processing and credential batching as it relates to on-campus and online program options. Including managing data audits and pulling comparative reports from Web Admit, Radius and Slate;
- Ensure credentials for Dix/Transfer students are processed promptly and audit the Common App system to ensure all credentials have been received;
- Troubleshoot any technical issues relating to Dix and Transfer applications.
Project Execution & App Quotas
- Act as the main operations lead on managing the Student Outreach Program;
- Create queries in Slate and manage the distribution of calling lists to Student Outreach Representatives;
- Make updates to Slate to maintain accurate data (i.e. - phone numbers, inactivating prospects, flagging student calling status etc.);
- Enhance tracking of calls by building out interactions in Slate
- Ensure all inquiry and applicant questions are distributed to the appropriate admission counselor
- Coordinate with the Director of Operations and Director of Admission to determine weekly calling targets
- Assign applications and credentials to staff for daily processing quotas. Coordinate with the Director of Operations to ensure accountability for work performance.
Operations Team Member
- Create, maintain, and update all web-based Simmons' direct applications in Radius/Slate;
- Complete weekly processing quotas and accurately and efficiently process paper and electronic applications, credentials and inquiries into the Radius/Slate database;
- Scan, index and attach credentials for all populations;
- Participate in weekly Operations meetings;
- Assist in the first-year letter generation/mailing process;
- Manage the Dix and transfer letter generation/mailing process.
Supervise/Manage/Mentor of Student Workers & Staff
- Supervise, train, hire, manage Student Outreach Representatives as well as managing all operations tasks associated with the program in partner with the Director of Operations;
- Supervise, train, hire, manage and oversee one Application Coordinator -- ensuring the coordinator is meeting their application processing quotas and project goals.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required;
- Minimum of one-year experience in a professional administrative role or a similar office environment required;
- Previous work experience in higher education a plus;
- Strong organization and communication skills and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Ability to identify, analyze, and solve problems effectively and efficiently;
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure while efficiently making deadlines;
- Ability to handle confidential information discretely;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, experience with the Google Suite of applications and Radius/Slate a plus;
- Ability to work occasional weekends or evenings during peak application period required.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter
Instructions to Applicants: Please upload all applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Assistant-Director--Dix-and-Transfer-Operations_R07094
Located in Boston’s historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.