College of Arts and Sciences Administrative Assistant
College of Arts and Sciences Administrative Assistant
Posting Number: R0003238
Location: Salem Campus
Attention Current Willamette University Employees: In order to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the online application process.
To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please complete our online employment application. Your application and all required attachments -- listed at the bottom of the page -- must be submitted for each individual job post that you are interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline, please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline. Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your application.
This position provides partial administrative and clerical support for all full-time and part-time faculty in the Music Department and serves as part-time office manager for the Music office. In addition, this position provides partial administrative support to the Dean and Associate Deans of the College of Arts and Sciences.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works collaboratively as part of a three-person administrative team supporting the Arts departments on campus, providing administrative support to faculty as needed, with a particular focus on Music.
- Coordinates with other administrative staff in the arts in training and supervision of student employees.
- Maintains Music Department databases and files.
- Maintains Music Department accounts; prepares periodic financial reports; processes invoices, requisitions, expense claims, vouchers and journal entries; assists with budget preparation.
- Assists department chair with administrative functions in support of Artist Associates (payroll, hours, evaluation, etc.)
- Attends annual music scholarship auditions and prepares paperwork and follow up for music faculty, Admission Office and the Financial Aid Office for all auditioning students. Prepares music scholarship agreement letters that are sent to students and prepares budgetary scholarship reports for the department.
- Reports Music maintenance needs to Facilities, or otherwise arranges building and equipment repair.
- Provides primary and confidential administrative support to the Dean and Associate Deans. Duties include, but are not limited to: providing clerical, correspondence, program and project support; managing information (e.g., telephone, email, letters, in-person) flow through the Dean's office.
- Provides front-line customer services, including but not limited to answering phones, greeting visitors, and answering general questions related to the functions of the office. Screens and routes calls, takes messages, and schedules meetings requested by visitors/callers with the Dean.
- Provides administrative support for periodic external reviews of academic departments (coordinates reviewer travel; helps prepare and disseminate review materials; creates schedules and makes necessary bookings, etc.).
- Maintains confidential faculty personnel files, ensuring that contractual paperwork, salary letters, cvs, and all supplemental materials are up to date.
- Assists the Dean and/or Associate Deans in the planning of regularly scheduled faculty meetings, periodic faculty retreats, and other events and meetings. This may include scheduling of locations and times, ordering refreshments, requesting AV equipment, coordination of schedules, and preparation and distribution of meeting materials.
- Maintains office supply room, storage rooms and common storage areas. Process work requests for equipment and for building maintenance and repair.
- Maintains and updates the Dean's website to provide current, accurate and easily accessible information.
- Safeguards the confidentiality of departmental or office administration by exercising discretion in communicating information to faculty, students and staff, and handling departmental records and files, personnel actions, performance evaluations, grade reports, merit, promotion and tenure decisions, and similar confidential materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education & Experience- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of three years of general office experience of a progressively responsible nature, including bookkeeping, record keeping, navigating organizational policies and procedures to ensure compliance with rules and regulations, and providing excellent customer service to those whom the applicant supports. In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, five years or more of the required experience will be considered.
- Computer Skills - Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, particularly Word and Excel. Familiar with bookkeeping software and/or enterprise-wide information systems. Skills in internet navigation and email and calendaring systems. Willingness and ability to learn new technologies associated with the job.
- A demonstrated commitment to making the Dean's office a welcoming and accessible space to all members of the campus community.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to be self-directed and proactive in completing projects.
- Event coordination.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity with experience in providing support and advocacy for diverse communities.
All University positions require that candidates submit to a criminal conviction record check prior to hire. Conviction does not automatically preclude candidates from being hired. Nature of conviction will be considered relative to the duties of the position.
You will need to upload the following two documents as part of your application materials in the "My Experience" section labeled Resume:
- Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve emphasis
- Current Resume
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Apply online at https://willamette.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/willametteuniversityjobs/job/Salem-Campus/College-of-Arts-and-Sciences-Administrative-Assistant_R0003238
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.