Postdoctoral Associate - Organic Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry
Dr. Jin Wang’s group is recruiting several postdocs with expertise in medicinal chemistry or organic synthesis. The goal of this recruitment is to further expand our efforts in small molecule drug discovery and streamline bioactivity and ADMET testing. The candidate will gain experience not only for cutting-edge research but also drug discovery process in a biotech-like environment. The candidate will join a dynamic interdisciplinary group and should be willing and able to communicate with people from different backgrounds, including chemistry, engineering, and biology.
Postdoctoral Associates are trainees working in an apprenticeship mode in preparation for a career as a scientific professional.
- Perform organic chemistry synthesis
- Maintain detailed records of lab work
- Report results to supervisor and peers
- Contribute to the general upkeep of the lab and lab instruments
- Assist with lab supply procurement
- Education Required: MD or Ph.D in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- Experience Required: None Required.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
- The candidate should have a Ph.D. degree in organic chemistry or medicinal chemistry, or related fields.
- The candidate should have at least one publication in internationally recognized journals, such as JACS, Angew, JOC, OL, and JMC etc.
- The candidate should be motivated, independent, creative, and energetic, and willing to step out of his/her comfort zone to learn new techniques and knowledge in biology.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston