Director of Community Engagement
Buena Vista University has an opening for a Director of Community Engagement on the Storm Lake campus. This position plays a vital role of implementing Buena Vista University’s motto, “Education for Service” and leading initiatives to maintain the institution’s Carnegie Classification in Community Engagement. The director is also charged with developing mutually beneficial relationships with community partners through student-centered programs, education, and outreach while managing the university’s Civic Action Plan.
- Advise Student M.O.V.E.; the service advisory board, in the development of community engagement programs and mobilization of student volunteers. Assist in the selection and training of members.
- Supervise AmeriCorps full time member, Program Manager for the Office of Community Engagement, and Summer AmeriCorps VISTAs.
- Supervise student coordinators for the Alternative Week of Off-site Learning (AWOL) Program and the BV Buddies Mentoring Program.
- Develop and administer the budgets for the office of Community Engagement, AWOL, BV Buddies, service scholarships, and grants.
- Coordinate Buenafication Day in conjunction with Student M.O.V.E. Student Activities Board, Student Senate and Residence Life; Chair Buenafication Day committee.
- Serve as an active member of Iowa Campus Compact, Iowa Commission on Volunteer Services, and STARS Storm Lake Mentoring Board.
- Actively write grants to support programmatic and community efforts.
- Actively apply and collect data for Carnegie Classification and other awards of magnitude.
- Oversee and Manage the Education for Service Scholars program.
A successful applicant must be familiar with principles and values of community-campus partnerships, community-based organizations, and non-profit processes. Must have efficiency in organizing, prioritizing, and managing multiple tasks and projects to meet goals and deadlines. A Master’s degree in student personnel, counseling, or a related field and 5 years of experience with community engagement, community service, or leadership programming is required.
A background check will be conducted on the final candidate.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakeside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakeside
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakeside
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakeside
- Other Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakeside