The Admissions Recruiter must be highly motivated, be able to
communicate effectively, and market the College. The position
requires an individual to assume a proactive role in increasing the
visibility and effectiveness of the College to the Community. This
also includes strategically partnering with local high schools and
associations to build a prospective student pool that is reflective
of the College’s goal to increase the student body population. The
position involves the process of identifying potential prospective
students and then planning, creating, and implementing the
strategies needed to attract and successfully enroll those
students. At least 1-2 years of experience recruiting, preferably
in a college setting, as the position requires the ability to
research, develop, and implement recruitment strategies.
Candidates must be willing to travel at least 75% of the
time and be available to work extended hours and some weekends
during peak recruiting periods.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years of experience as a college recruiter, highly preferable
- Bilingual – Spanish preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with coordinating campus-wide recruitment efforts.
- Works with Director of Recruitment and Admissions, the Registrar, and Academic Division Chairs to organize recruitment plans and strategies.
- Assists with the development of recruitment materials.
- Collects information regarding educational opportunities and disseminates such information to the students.
- Assists with the coordination of all admissions sponsored events on campus such as High School Junior/Senior visit.
- Travels to district high schools, colleges, churches and other events to recruit students. Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Maintains prospect/applicant database.
- Facilitate college entry by gathering admissions applications and giving small group orientations.
- Provide assistance to prospective students concerning admissions requirements either by phone or in person.
- Assists with orientation and registration activities.
- Assists students in planning and scheduling for their college programs.
- Review application materials and render admission decisions.
- Develop and maintain correspondence with students, parents, alumnae and other institutional officials and representatives.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required.
- Executes all other duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions.
- Knowledge of college programs of study, admissions, registration, financial aid, counseling processes and community resources.
- Skilled in decision-making, effective oral and written communication skills, and leadership ability.
- Ability to prepare/present programs to groups from various backgrounds and establish rapport with all levels of personnel.
- Must be detailed oriented, set priorities and meet deadlines with a strong aptitude for quality control and accuracy.
- Must have effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to utilize technology to attract and communicate with prospective students and families.
- Seeing: 75 - 100%
Must be able to read reports and use computer
Hearing: 75 - 100%
Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers and prospective students and their families
Standing/Walking/Mobility: 50 - 74%
Must be able to stand to open files and operate office machines, present to students and their families, guidance counselors, and other external constituents; mobility between departments and to attend meetings of employees and managers
- Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: 25 - 49%
- Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: 0 - 24%
- Dexterity/Grasping/Feeling: 75 - 100%
Must be able to write, type, and use phone system and other technical devices
Commensurate with Credentials and Experience
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
Demonstrates integrity, confidence, enthusiasm, initiative, flexibility, analytical ability, strong interpersonal skills
SUPERVISION AND EVALUATION
Reports to the Director of Admissions
Management of tasks in an accurate and timely manner; confidential treatment of students and parents information, professional dress and grooming, verbal communication and writing skills
Seeks opportunities for continuing education in public relations and marketing
Maintain confidentiality of information on students and their families
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Able to travel to represent the College
Apply for Admissions Recruiter
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly