Administrative Asst II
Posting Number 2021011 Posting/Functional Title University Pay Plan Title Administrative Asst II Location Round Rock Department Round Rock Campus Recruitment Type Open to All Job Type Part-Time Monthly Salary $1,021- $1,251 Job Category Non-Exempt Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
Front line Customer Service experience
Proficient computer skills
Demonstrated ability to prepare concise and grammatically correct correspondence
Ability to occasionally work outside of usual business hours
Demonstrated ability to multitask with multiple interruptions
Ability to perform simple math calculations
Experience presenting to groups
Experience working in higher education student services role
Experience creating web marketing media
Assists prospective undergraduate and graduate students and visitors to RRC Student Services. Provides program information, transfer guidance, admissions assistance. Provides RRC Front Desk operations and assists with RRC events. Provides administrative services for the Advising Group.
Serve as participant on RRC Front Desk operations. Schedule prospective student appointments for academic advisors. Provide guidance for prospective students’ career goals in relation to respective RRC programs. Serve as assistant to the Advising Team. Assist the Student Services Team with events such as New Student Orientation. Understand and support the partnership with area community colleges. Respond to “Contact Us” email inquiries. Monitor websites for needed edits or new information. Collaborate with Student Services Team on print material development. Process financial transactions and manage merchandise inventory. Create and analyze reports. Monitor and track requests for transcript evaluation. Other duties as assigned.
Additional Information to Applicants
This is a part-time position with 20 working hours per week. The work schedule for this position is:
Wednesday: 12:30 pm – 6:30 pm (with 1-hour lunch)
Thursday: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm (with 1-hour lunch)
Friday: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm (with 1-hour lunch)
Job Open Date 09/16/2020 Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight) 09/23/2020 Open Until Filled No Normal Work Days Wednesday, Thursday, Friday Normal Work Hours Start Normal Work Hours End Posting Notices YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION. Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE .
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
Why work @ Texas State?
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
Quick Link http://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/33768 Applicant Document
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation #1
- Veteran's Preference
- Letter of Recommendation #2
- Letter of Recommendation #3
- List of References
- DD 214/DD1300
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in San Marcos
- Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in San Marcos
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in San Marcos
- Student Activities & Services Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in San Marcos