Director, Affirmative Action and Compliance Programs
Assist the Vice President for Institutional Equity and Chief Diversity Officer in developing, implementing and monitoring university programs and policies promoting and ensuring compliance with the affirmative action program and supporting equal opportunity goals of the organization. Design, compile, and report institutional data pursuant to federal regulations in areas of affirmative action and equal opportunity. Responsible for AA/EO compliance reporting for university, health system and all Duke entities. Supervise one Equal Opportunity Data Analyst.
- Annually ensure the University’s compliance with federal equal opportunity and affirmative action requirements, including:
a. Preparing and submitting required affirmative action plans
and compliance reports.
b. Working with federal, state, and local agencies, including coordinating the University’s response to audits.
c. Communicating workforce and affirmative action goals information to University audiences and assisting units in fulfilling their responsibilities.
d. Analyzing University workforce trends over time.
- Oversees the work of one analyst who supports the development of the AAP and responds to other data requests from University constituents;
- Provide support to members of the University community seeking to maximize the diversity of search processes and applicant pools;
- Propose and help administer policies that support affirmative action initiatives;
- Perform workforce analyses, examines labor markets, compile availability statistics, and conducts other analyses to support University departments in their search efforts;
- Maintains the University’s records on compliance with civil rights legislation and provide information to management as requested;
- Assist in the investigation of complaints related to pay disparity and salary inequity;
- Design and support educational efforts related to equitable search processes, compliance with Affirmative Action responsibilities and non-discrimination in the implementation of reductions in force;
- Collaborate with leadership within the Office for Institutional Equity to accomplish the strategic objectives aligned with the mission and vision of the office;
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Vice President for Institutional Equity
Required Qualifications at this Level: Juris Doctor or other advanced degree required. Demonstrated successful minimum five (5) years of experience and effectiveness in statistical analyses, preferably in a higher education setting.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Durham
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Durham
- Legal Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Durham
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Durham