Materials Handler II
The University of Colorado Boulder and our Housing Administration encourages applications for a Materials Handler II! In this role you will acquire, store, distribute, and record inventory activity of equipment, tools, furniture, supplies and other parts as necessary.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Housing Facilities Services (HFS) is a comprehensive facility management operation that provides around-the-clock support for 25 residence halls, 6 graduate and family housing complexes, 5 dining facilities and several administrative and auxiliary buildings across 167 acres of landscape. The department serves over 10,000 residents and 20,000 conference guests annually. Services include maintenance, repair, renovation, project management, capital construction, housekeeping, and groundskeeping operations. HFS has approximately 190 full-time employees, as well as approximately 80 part-time and student staff, who all strive to give residents the best living experience possible.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Determine the specifications for equipment, tools, parts and supplies.
Acquire The Best Value
- Determine the best value for items by reviewing price quotes and standing purchase orders.
Purchase Stock Material
- Purchase equipment, parts, services, and supplies for inventory.
Purchase Non-Stock Material
- Purchase equipment, tools parts, services, supplies for special or emergency needs.
- Insure goods are received in compliance with original order.
- Determine organizational pattern and layout for inventory, storage and shelving.
- Insure accurate and adequate stock levels of storeroom and inventory items. May be required to operate university vehicles. Occasionally may pick up parts and supplies from vendors.
Inventory Accuracy/Record Keeping
- Keep perpetual inventory records accurate by entering computer and handwritten records.
What We Can Offer
- The Salary for this position is $35,760.00
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Collaborative. Be Diverse. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Two years of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position.
- Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Must possess a current driver's license.
What You Will Need
- Ability to multitask, use a computerized inventory system, must have good attention to detail skills and the ability to provide good customer service.
- Ability to safely operate university vehicles.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Mechanically inclined with experience in plumbing and electrical part's inventory.
- Previous purchasing experience helpful.
- Previous warehouse and inventory control experience preferred.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by October 31, 2020 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
This position is designated “essential services.” The incumbent is required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies (snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event) and report to work for his / her regularly assigned shift during emergency campus closures.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org