Senior Internal Auditor
Senior Internal Auditor
3452 Spur 399,, Collin Higher Education Center
McKinney, Texas, 75069
We are searching for an experienced Senior Internal Auditor .
Perform audit work for the Office of Internal Audits. Responsibilities include financial, operational, compliance and audits. Perform consulting related work as appropriate. Work is supervised and reviewed by the Director of Internal Audits. Performance is based on the effective completion of audits and other engagements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform independent audits which include reviewing operations to ensure reliability and integrity of financial and operational information, effectiveness and efficiency of operations, safeguarding of assets, and compliance with laws, regulations, and contracts.
- Perform project level risk assessments. Interview personnel to obtain relevant information and an understanding of the audit area.
- Review documentation to ensure proper compliance with university policies and applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Review information systems and evaluates their effectiveness, reliability, and security.
- Review documentation of physical assets determining the degree to which they are utilized and safeguarded.
- Review documentation for internal control deficiencies, fraud, or compliance issues. Prepare audit reports and provides recommendations.
- Assist in performing fraud investigations, as necessary.
- Perform consulting engagements, as appropriate. Develop strong relationships with audit clients.
- Assist the director to develop new audit steps and innovative auditing techniques.
- Perform work paper review and report review on audits conducted by the director to provide appropriate cross review.
- Assist the director with ongoing and annual risk assessments including assistance in developing the annual Audit Plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures, and core values.
Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, or a related field from a regionally accredited institution and three (3) or more years of progressively responsible auditing experience.
Familiarity with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Institute of Internal Auditors Code of Ethics required.
Familiarity with the Texas Internal Auditing Act preferred.
CPA and/or professional certifications such as CIA, CISA, CFE or CGAP preferred.
Auditing experience in higher education and/or governmental area preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and related Code of Ethics
- Knowledge of internal control concepts
- Knowledge of auditing techniques
- Knowledge of compliance concepts and requirements at the institution, state, and federal level
- Knowledge of computer systems and information security concepts
- Knowledge of fraud related concepts and investigations techniques
- Skill in the use of audit documentation software
- Skill in the use of data analytics and sampling techniques
- Skill in identifying mathematical, financial, or statistical irregularities; in identifying, resolving, and preventing discrepancies by using strong analytical techniques
- Ability to plan, organize, and perform audit and consulting engagements effectively
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and positive work relationships with students, faculty, staff, and the public
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to use a personal computer and other office equipment including university related software and email
- Capable of maintaining flexibility and adjusting to evolving circumstances
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Occasional physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $69,644.00 - 80,091.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Grants & Contracts Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Human Resources Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney