Program Career Coach Workforce (Grant-funded)
Program Career Coach Workforce (Grant-funded)
9700 Wade Blvd, Preston Ridge Campus
Frisco, Texas, 75035
We are searching for an experienced Program Career Coach Workforce (Grant-funded)
In collaboration with the Grant Project Manager or designee and other Career Coaches, develop community outreach and student recruitment activities, provide career counseling, assist in career placement of students and graduates for workforce programs, and provide tracking services to enhance and document student success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide the non-curriculum aspects of assigned workforce programs such as, business and industry connections, and assist with academic and field study (apprenticeships) experiences for students in workforce programs.
- Develop data systems to track students based on program major declaration, produce and preserve program/student records for tracking students for success.
- Participate in the development and marketing of program pathways to students and potential students and track them for success.
- Provide career coaching and counseling in an effort to assist students in developing the competencies required to make informed decisions concerning career goals. This may include evaluating portfolios, assisting in interview preparation and mock interviews, outlining career options and opportunities related to their personal and professional objectives, and tracking graduates after placement for outcomes surveys.
- Develop and present workshops, programming and occupational information to various audiences, including employers.
- Provide updates to the grant project manager, executive director of emerging technology grants, and vice president/provost on activities and issues.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of technical dual credit pathways to workforce programs.
- Assist in the development and implementation of program enrollment management including the production of up-to-date marketing materials, web site, and recruitment activities.
- Attend and participate in professional development activities, serve on district-wide committees, and participate in service to the college.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. Certification and/or work experience in a related workforce discipline required OR any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Three (3) years of related experience. Knowledge of post-secondary workforce education.
Licenses and Certifications
Certification in relevant occupations preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of workforce programs, marketing recruitment and industry essentials pertaining to the programs assigned
- Knowledge of campus resources, processes, and departments such as admissions, financial aid, placement testing and registration
- All skills related to workforce programs in assigned industry clusters
- Oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage students in their efforts to achieve certification
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with external stakeholders, and facilitate their hosting Collin students for a practical experience
- Ability to work professionally with Collin College faculty and staff
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $52,088.00 - 59,901.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney