3452 Spur 399,, Collin Higher Education Center
McKinney, Texas, 75069
We are searching for an experienced Accountant
Maintain accounting records, perform cash management, account analysis, and compilation of quarterly/annual financial reports for Collin College.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare bank reconciliations on the district's bank accounts, including monitoring outstanding checks and maintaining a valid outstanding check listing.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries on general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions. Review and analyze various accounts on the general ledger and the subsidiary ledger for accuracy.
- Assist with the preparation of audit schedules, financial statements, and statistical data related to the annual audit and Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR). Assist with annual budget development.
- Prepare journal vouchers, journal entries, cash receipt, and disbursement entries.
- Review monthly journal entries and assist in month-end accounting close process. Prepare journal entries to record telephone and utility allocations to cost centers.
- Review and prepare payment requests for the bank service charges and credit card discount fees. Review monthly account analysis from the depository bank.
- Review Positive Pay bank notification daily, and provide information to the bank on regular and manual checks issued and voided.
- Reconcile monthly third party billing statements to payments posted and the receivable accounts for third party billing on the general ledger. Responsible for reviewing and approving third party billing and other check requests.
- Prepare the annual unclaimed property report and submit to the State Comptroller.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or a related business administration field of study from a regionally accredited institution and three (3) years experience in accounting required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of accounting systems and processes
- Knowledge of ACCESS banking system
- Knowledge of Banner system (Workday knowledge a plus)
- Knowledge of the Public Funds Investment Act and IRS Tax Code
- Knowledge of the college's approved investment policy and strategy
- Knowledge of college policies and procedures
- Knowledge of FASB, GASB, GAAP, UPMIFA and Accounting best practices
- Microsoft Excel skills
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Computer skills
- Research, reading and listening skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Reconciliation skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to perform accurate mathematical calculations
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with personnel and with professional partners outside the college
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore, candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. ***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $52,088.00 - 59,901.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney