Assistant Director, Athletic Facilities
Assistant Director, Athletic Facilities
The Assistant Director of Athletic Facilities is responsible for managing the daily operation and maintenance of Washburn University’s athletic facilities and scheduling activities held at the athletic facilities. Washburn’s athletic facilities include all athletic buildings, facilities, fields, grounds, indoor/outdoor areas, swimming pools, and hot tubs.
Essential Job Functions of Position
• Manage daily operations of athletic facilities.
Coordinate daily cleaning and maintenance for University’s athletic facilities.
Supervise, schedule and coordinate activities for facilities services staff in collaboration with Facilities services Management.
Support assigned staff to maximize employee performance in support of department goals.
As team leader and motivator, maintain a healthy, fair, and inclusive work environment by promoting diversity and exercising teamwork. Actively promote a workplace culture of mutual respect for all members of the institution and work to build positive and cooperative relationships with staff.
Recruit hire, train, and evaluate the performance and effectiveness of assigned staff and student workers. Provide feedback and professional development opportunities.
Responsible for monitoring staff schedules and issues that may arise pertaining to scheduled events, workload, etc.
Regularly inspect facilities to identify needed repairs and cleaning needs.
Receive maintenance requests from staff, submit requests electronically following established procedures, and monitor completion of requests.
Oversee maintenance of athletic facilities in conjunction with Facilities Services’ staff and/or outside vendors.
Responsible for maintaining water quality at athletic facilities with pools/hot tubs according to the National Swimming Pool standards.
• Assist in the planning and development of athletics facilities’ repairs and building projects.
Research and present needed or recommended improvements to appropriate staff.
• Schedule and coordinate classes, games, practices, or events to be held at Washburn’s athletic facilities.
Schedule and organize events and facility rentals in collaboration with university scheduling and other appropriate staff.
Collaborate with Washburn Police to ensure security of events and visitors held at athletic facilities.
Lead event preparation ensuring appropriate entities (concessions, security, cleaning/maintenance) are prepared for upcoming events.
Direct game day operations to guarantee athletic facilities are ready for players and visitors to use.
Ensure athletic facilities are available and ready for use by players/teams for practices and/or games.
Assist staff with pre-game and half-time promotions.
• Assist with budget preparation by monitoring expenditures and planning for future expenditures.
• Serve as emergency after-hours contact for facility.
• Represent the department at appropriate university meetings as needed or requested and actively participate in department meetings.
• Perform additional job related duties as requested or as appropriate.
Non-Essential Job Functions of Position
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree. Three years related experience that includes supervising employees. Experience coordinating events.
Preferred: Three years experience coordinating athletic events. Experience managing athletic facilities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Demonstrated knowledge of facilities management.
Effective communication skills.
Preferred: Understanding of APPA facility guidelines and best practices for building scheduling and utilization.
Licenses, Certifications & Registrations
CPR and CPO Certification or will obtain within 6 months of hire.
Preferred: Driver’s license with a driving record suitable to university standards.
Additional Requirements (e.g. Physical Demands)
Ability to move and/or maneuver equipment/materials weighing as much as 50 pounds.
Campus Security Authority
Special Instructions to Applicant
Regular Business Hours, Other - Some nights & weekends
Average Hours per Week
Months per Year
Washburn is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching focused academic environment and a curriculum that engages the diversity of human experience across the globe. We seek candidates who are committed to Washburn’s efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Application materials should clearly articulate how the candidate will contribute to the University’s commitment to diversity and inclusion through their teaching, research, and/or service.
Washburn University is an EOE . Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.
Background Check Required?
Driving History Checked?
Drug Screen Required?
Anticipated Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
For earliest consideration apply by
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled?
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree?
- Yes, by the end of semester of hire.
- * Do you have at least three years related experience that
includes supervising employees?
- * Do you have experience coordinating events?
- * Do you have experience managing athletic facilities?
- * Do you have the ability to move and maneuver objects weighing
as much as 50 pounds?
- * Do you have valid CPR and CPO certifications?
- Yes, CPR only
- Yes, CPO only
- Yes, CPR and CPO
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Conference & Special Event Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka