Accountant II,III- Central
Requisition Number S422P Home Org Name Contracts & Grants Accounting Division Name VP for Research and Economic Dev Position Title Accountant II,III- Central Job Class Code KA07B/C Appointment Status Full-time Part-time FTE Limited Term No Limited Term Length Job Summary
The individual in this position performs routine professional accounting duties to control and document the handling of funds within an assigned area.
Responsibilities include preparing and reviewing financial statements/reports; making recommendations to improve internal controls, operating effectiveness and efficiency; and performing other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
1.Creates and maintains accounts through documentation, compilation, reconciliation, and analysis of financial information and preparation of journal entries.
2.Reviews transactions for conformity with procedures or limits, and closes out accounts for expired contracts.
3.Communicates with internal departments and/or sponsoring agencies to ensure compliance with policies, contracts, grants, laws, regulations, or procedures.
4.Conducts reviews to substantiate transactions.
Education Level Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution Field of Study
Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a Degree plus a CPA
Years of Experience 2 years experience Area of Experience
Requirements for Additional Job Levels
Level II: Bachelor’s degree in discipline appropriate to position plus 2 years’ experience. The salary range for Level II is $35,000 – $58,400.
Level III – Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution plus 4 years experience. The salary range for Level III is $39,300 – $65,500.
Education Level Field of Study Years of Experience When a candidate has the required education, but lacks the required experience, they may normally apply additional appropriate education toward the experience requirement, at a rate of one (1) year relevant education per year of required experience. Area of Experience Requirements for Additional Job Levels
Minimum Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures in accounting and accounting services.
Minimum Technology Skills Minimum License and Certifications
1. An aptitude for working with and preparing detailed accounting reports; possess a high degree of accuracy and excellent time management skills;
2. Able to work well with sponsor agencies and administrators, faculty, and staff;
3. Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
4. Experience reviewing sponsored awards, familiarity with federal regulations, and Banner knowledge are desired.
Salary Grade 32 Salary Range $35,000 - $65,500 Job Category Business/Accounting/Finance Working Hours if Non-Traditional List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by this position Posting Date 09/16/2020 Closing Date 10/31/2020 EEO Statement
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER . It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Special Instructions to Applicants Quick Link for Internal Postings http://www.auemployment.com/postings/19451 Documents Needed to Apply
Required DocumentsOptional DocumentsSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How were you made aware of this opportunity?
- AU Employment website
- Employment websites (Indeed, HigherEd Jobs, etc.)
- Veterans Assistance Services
- Disability Assistance Services
- Professional Journal
- HR email
- Social Media
- State Employment Service
- Please select the answer that best describes your current
employment relationship with Auburn University.
- Not a current Auburn employee
- Current Auburn employee in position less than one year
- Current Auburn employee in position more than one year
- Do you have a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited
institution in Accounting, Finance, or a Degree plus a CPA?
- Degree plus CPA
- How many years of experience do you have in this type of
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn