Law Enforcement Officer
Law Enforcement Officer
- Patrol (foot, bicycle, and vehicle) assigned area(s) to provide personal safety of university community populace, and provide protection and security for university facilities; maintain orderly flow of traffic, investigate accidents, respond to complaints, disturbances, and law investigations make arrests and apprehensions, issue parking and moving citations, assist other law enforcement agencies, fire department and emergency medical technicians.
- Take initial police reports; conduct preliminary investigations, including security of crime scene, collection and preservation of evidence, maintaining the chain of custody of evidence.
- Crowd control during all types of catastrophes, which may affect the university community; crowd, traffic and security control during athletic and other special events (The percentage of time spent in this area will increase/decrease dependent upon university needs). Sometimes a great deal of overtime is required to meet the need.
- Provide armed escort for university monies.
- Attends training classes.
- Appearance and testimony in judicial proceedings.
- This position is designated as an Essential Employee. Essential employees provide vital support to the UF and are subject to recall to work when deemed necessary by the Chief of Police/designee. Recall to work typically happens due to an emergency, disaster or special event that may coincide with the official suspension of classes and/or closing of offices.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE
Total Hours biweekly: 80, Employee works 12-hour shifts. Twenty hours are in the first week of the pay period and 60 hours are worked in the second. Shift assignment in accordance with PBA contract. Overtime required-amount determined by department’s workload. This position will be to on-call status.
Starting Salary $20.58 per hour for officers and $18.63 per hour for trainees
Must possess at least an Associate's degree and meet Florida Statutory and Administrative Code requirements. Must meet the requirements of Chapter 943, Florida Statute. Previous law enforcement experience preferred.
Valid Florida driver's license.
-Previous law enforcement experience
-Considerable knowledge of controlling laws, ordinances and departmental rules and regulations
-Considerable knowledge of the rules and methods of preserving evidence
-Considerable knowledge of the geography of UF and adjoining area
-Considerable knowledge of the practices and techniques of traffic control and criminal investigations
-Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of model police work
-Some knowledge of first aid methods
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
In order to be considered, you must be State of Florida certified. Willing to consider trainee status if currently not certified. Must be eligible to obtain Florida law enforcement certification.
This posting will be used to fill multiple positions.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
Health Assessment Required: Yes
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Law & Legal Studies Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge