Post-Doctoral Research Associate #20-029
A Post-Doctoral position is immediately available to join a new NIH-funded project exploring the molecular mechanisms by which heat shock proteins regulate acute (inflammation, pulmonary endothelial barrier function) and chronic (pulmonary interstitial fibrosis) sequelae of Acute Lung Injury (ALI). Prior firsthand experience with DNA, RNA and protein analysis techniques is required. Position and salary are commensurate with experience. This position is initially offered for two years with the possibility of extending, based on performance and availability of funds. Opportunities for advancement of exceptional Fellows are available.
- Perform DNA, RNA and protein analysis and quantification using appropriate, state of the art techniques.
- Remain up to date with pertinent literature.
- Write scientific abstracts and papers.
- Apply for relevant fellowships.
- Contribute to laboratory maintenance.
- Supervise research technicians and students, when needed.
- Collect, organize, and store data
- Make presentations of data in laboratory, local, regional, national, or international meetings.
- Recommend new research venues.
- Keep up to date with relevant compliance requirements of the lab.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply visit ODU Research Foundation http://www.researchfoundation.odu.edu/ Click on the employment tab and follow the link for position #20-029. Please provide a cover letter and three (3) references with your application. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. AA/EOE/M/F/Disability/VETS/Drug Free