Program Coordinator for Early Childhood Preschool Program and School of Education
Posting Number C00094P Quick Link for Position http://jobs.uafs.edu/postings/1632 Working Title Program Coordinator for Early Childhood Preschool Program and School of Education Position Number 21-20-0008 Department Early Childhood Education About the University
For more than 6,000 students each semester, the University of Arkansas – Fort Smith offers a dynamic and diverse learning community with a student-centered approach focused on the success of the individual. Small class sizes combine with innovative, hands-on learning and research experiences alongside expert faculty to ensure students receive a future-focused education at the most affordable tuition rate in the state. The University has undergone significant changes since its founding in 1928 and now offers 51 bachelor’s and associate degrees, two master’s degrees, and 36 certificate programs, all aimed at preparing students for success in the global workforce. UAFS is one of 21 academic institutions and affiliates governed by the University of Arkansas System.
The second-largest city in the state, Fort Smith is located on the Arkansas-Oklahoma border in the heart of the Arkansas River Valley. Established in 1817 as a frontier military post, Fort Smith is now a vibrant and growing city featuring a variety of cultural activities and entertainment options, including a thriving downtown arts and entertainment district. Outdoor enthusiasts will appreciate the Natural State’s plentiful trails, mountains, forests, parks, and waterways, both within the city limits and throughout the surrounding area. The city is also within easy driving distance of Tulsa, Kansas City, Dallas, Oklahoma City, Little Rock, and Memphis.
The UAFS campus is comprised of 77 buildings and facilities located on 170 beautifully-manicured acres and crowned with the Donald W. Reynolds Campus Plaza, Tower, and Campus Green. Students who choose to live on campus may do so in one of two residence hall complexes, complete with a full-service dining center, or the on-campus apartment complex for married students and upperclassmen. Campus involvement is encouraged by participation in more than 100 registered student organizations, which includes academic societies, a dynamic Greek life system, intramural sports, and cultural/special interest groups. The UAFS Lions compete in the NCAA Division II Lonestar Conference in men’s baseball, women’s volleyball, and men’s and women’s basketball, golf, cross country, and tennis.
About the College / Department Position Summary
As an integral member of the School of Education and the Early Childhood Preschool Program, the program coordinator will be involved in all aspects of the Early Childhood Preschool training grant program. Duties will include planning, developing, and implementing program activities. Will also assist the director and outreach coordinator with recruiting both participants and trainers, providing general administration of the grant, preparing materials for trainers, securing meeting spaces for classes, and in the preparation of budget documents. This position will report to the Director of Early Childhood Education.
Summary of Job Duties
• Provide general administration for the grant and manage the daily operations of the program office.
• Assist in planning, developing, and implementing grant activities.
• Assist in the preparation of trainings including those with WATC and AAS students.
• Assist in the recruitment process for both program participants and trainers.
• Market the program through personal contact, emails, phone, and materials distributions.
• Locate and acquired appropriate facilities for trainings and events.
• Enter data and generate reports as needed.
• Responsible for purchasing essential materials and office supplies.
• Responsible for maintaining a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to foster teamwork. Requires consistent on-time attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or related field.
• Two to three years’ of experience working with an early childhood program or in a similar educational setting.
• Other job-related education and/or experience may be substituted for part of these basic requirements.
Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
License(s)/Certifications Preferred Qualifications
• Experience working with large grant implementation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform the job successfully, the following competencies are required for the essential functions of this position.
• Knowledge of the basic principles and practices of early childhood training.
• Knowledge of large grant implementation is preferred.
• Knowledge of University policy as it relates to purchasing processes, as well as a basic knowledge of Arkansas procurement law is preferred.
• Strong administrative and management skills.
• Ability to work in a technological environment demonstrating proficiency in word processing and spreadsheets.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, and to gather and analyze information skillfully.
• Ability to maintain confidential information with absolute discretion in all matters. Ability to remain open to other ideas and try new things.
• Ability to write and speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situation, and to read and interpret written information. Ability to edit work for accuracy and thoroughness, and to monitor own work to ensure quality. Requires STRONG attention to detail.
Special Job Dimensions
Work performed primarily in an office setting. Occasional travel and extended hour required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly exhibits digital dexterity when entering data into computer. The employee frequently sits for extended periods of time, and occasionally stand and walks. Vision demands include close, relatively detailed vision when focusing on a computer screen. Employee regularly talks and hear. Employee occasionally lifts items up to 10 pounds.
Routine office hours 8:00 a.m.to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Occasional travel and extended hour required.
Salary $30,713 Benefits
Competitive benefits package.
Background Check / Pre-Employment Screening
This position may be subject to a pre-employment criminal background check, sex offender registry check, financial history background check, and/or drug screening. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication and/or adverse financial history alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background checks and drug screening information will be used in a confidential, non- discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Does this position require a background check? Criminal Background Check and Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) Check
Open Date 09/16/2020 Close Date 09/29/2020 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants Anticipated start date EEO Statement
The University of Arkansas – Fort Smith is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, dedicated to attracting and supporting diverse student, faculty, and staff populations. The University welcomes applications without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial College Transcripts
- Additional Document
- Proof of Veteran Status
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Did you complete the Employment History section of the
- * Do you understand that failure to complete the Employment
History section of the application will result in automatic
- * Do you understand that failure to upload your unofficial
transcript(s) may result in an incomplete application packet?
- * Did you upload your unofficial transcript(s)?
- * Have you ever been fired or asked to resign from a job?
- If yes, please describe.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you learn of this employment opportunity?
(Open Ended Question)
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith