Computer Systems Analyst II, Information Technology (IT)
The Information Technology (IT) department invites applications for a Computer Systems Analyst II to join their team. This position reports directly to the Manager of Strategic Technologies in the Enterprise Technology unit of Information Technology (IT). The primary responsibilities of this position are to support the Learning Management System (LMS) for the UM campus, support the integration of the LMS with our Student Information System, and develop other Enterprise System integrations.
This position will also share the responsibility for being the application administrator for our iPaaS System (Integration Platform as a Service). The individual assigned to this position will assess business needs, perform software development tasks, and implement integrations between various third-party systems and the campuses Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Knowledge of system development life cycle, structured systems development concepts, as well as Agile development methodologies
- Software development experience within ability to use one or more industry standard programming languages (Preference given to PHP and JSON experience)
- Experience working with databases, the SQL Language, and basic relational database structures (MySQL/Oracle/MSSQL)
- Comprehensive understanding and ability to integrate all systems including operating systems, applications, network, and databases, as well as knowledge of cloud technology, including iPaas
- Ability to write/modify programs using multiple applications and databases
- Ability to apply consultative skills to assess user needs and communicate technology systems and solutions and the ability to work and communicate with users to define and meet application/database needs and requirements
- Demonstrated ability to effectively troubleshoot end-user issues as well as back-end systems
- Ability to develop software that is compliant with university policies on digital accessibility
- Familiarity with version control for source code or scripts using Git
- Familiarity with using standard ITSM ticketing applications for tracking work and projects
Minimum Required Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or an equivalent technical field and three (3) years’ experience in software development, system integration, or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working in Higher Education, in support of a Learning Management System
- Experience working with a Student Information System, such as Ellucian Banner
- Experience doing data integrations of multiple systems, using data extracts and/or API integration methodologies
- Working knowledge of an iPaaS system preferred (Ellucian Ethos, Dell Boomi, MuleSoft, N2N, Axiom, or an equivalent)
About the Information Technology department and UM
Central IT provides computing, network, and telecommunications infrastructure, supports enterprise level software, and offers a range of technology support services for the Missoula campus.. The organization also coordinates with the other Montana University System campuses, the local community, and the State of Montana to ensure consistency of offerings and policy. IT at the University of Montana is led by a Chief Information Officer (CIO), who reports to UM's President and sits on the President's cabinet and council of vice presidents.
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with over 10,000 students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 72,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “ top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000 ” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “ The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014 . Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life . Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: Computer Sys Analyst II
Position Number: NEW
Department: Information Technology
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year.
Salary: $23.34/hr –Current employee’s rate of pay for this position will be determined by the staff compensation plan and will minimally be this posted salary. For questions and details regarding the staff compensation plan, email the Compensation Department .
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Sunday, October 4, 2020 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner