Position Number: E01225
Salary for Announcement: The minimum of the salary range for this position is $57,600. Final salary will be commensurate with experience.
Employee Category: Administrators
Department: VP Strategy Marketing and Communications
Under the direction of the associate vice president for Marketing and Brand Strategy, the Marketing Manager creates and implements integrated and strategic marketing plans for Metropolitan State University of Denver's programs and departments and contribute to the University's overall plan. This individual will serve as the University's lead copywriter for ads and other supporting marketing materials. The Marketing Manager, part of the Strategy, Marketing and Communications branch, will manage the group's client services approach for supporting campus partners to reshape interactions between the central SMC team and its stakeholder groups. In doing so, the Marketing Manager acts as a bridge, creating a seamless experience for those seeking SMC support and services and ensuring campus partner marketing and advertising objectives align with MSU Denver's strategic marketing goals.
The Marketing Manager will produce, recommend, implement, track and manage site/program/college-specific marketing and advertising plans, provide copy-writing, creative support and support management of institutional campaigns. Through exceptional customer service, this individual will anticipate campus partner needs and hep drive/influence cross-channel marketing and advertising strategies where possible. This team member will use strong analytic reporting to prepare reports highlighting key trends and opportunities for the AVP for Marketing and Brand Strategy as needed, and shepherd continual improvement and assessment of MSU Denver marketing and advertising efforts. This position reports to the AVP of Marketing and Brand Strategy.
Institutional Marketing/Advertising Management and Support 40%
• Write advertising and marketing copy (to include strategic marketing and advertising plans, advertising copy, promotional materials content creation, social media copy, etc.)
• Manage and track marketing and advertising projects including estimating costs and overseeing associated budget
• Coordinate with the design team efforts to deliver marketing and advertising creative assets
• Facilitate delivery of advertising and marketing assets with vendors and advertising partners
Client Services: Consult, collaborate, support schools/departments/programs 45%
• Manage, develop and write strategic marketing and advertising plans for colleges, programs, departments, aligned with MSU Denver marketing goals
• Manage SMC client support services program
• Facilitate allocating resources and providing consistent and timely responses to requests for marketing support from internal stakeholders
• Provide consultation services and insight to site-based (school, department, program, etc.) marketing and advertising planning
• Monitor site-based marketing and advertising plans for trends and metrics reporting
Marketing and Brand Team leadership 10%
• Support associate vice president of Marketing and Brand Strategy as a thought partner and sounding board for strategic marketing and advertising initiatives, plans and innovations
• Collaborates with SMC branch teammates to implement cohesive marketing and advertising cross-channel activities
• Ensure consistency of messages across site-based initiatives
• Support and facilitate internal Campus Partner Communications cohort
• Prepare summaries and snapshots of site-based efforts for metrics reporting
Other Duties 5%
• Support and meet University goals, team goals and individual goals
• Represent the marketing and design teams in developing strong connections across the University/campus
Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business or Communications, or related field
• Minimum of 3 years proven experience in marketing and advertising role
• Demonstrated experience and expertise in marketing and advertising copy writing, messaging and branding and producing strategic marketing and advertising plans. (Samples required)
• Master’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business or Communications, or related field or more than five years comparable experience in the industry
• Minimum of 2 years managing and/or supervising a marketing and design team
• Experience in project management software
• Experience in Higher Education marketing and advertising
• Experience in and knowledge of website analytics tools (Google Analytics, etc.)
• Demonstrated excellent communication skills, interpersonal, teamwork and collaboration skills
Posting Date: 09/15/2020
Closing Instructions: Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant:
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
To apply, visit https://www.msudenverjobs.com/postings/14123