Project Manager, Emergency Planning and Response
Project Manager, Emergency Planning and Response
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 2015-1602632
Location: CA 94556, CA
Department: FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
Closing: 9/30/2020 11:59 PM Pacific
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the pituresque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls, 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spirtual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation, and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts Institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning, and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
The Project Manager's first responsibility will be to Manage the College's COVID-19 Response. Continuously monitor and supervise COVID-19 preparedness and response activities, evaluating progress through outputs and impact. Provide input and influence participation and accountability from multiple departments. Ensure accurate and timely reporting of activities according to applicable time frames and formats. Stay up to date on applicable Federal, State and local laws, rules, regulations, codes and/or statutes.
- Synthesize the work, direction, and goals of all campus COVID-19 subgroups, advise senior administration on COVID-19 related decisions and obtain decisions and confirmation of direction when needed, serve as a resource for Departments, and liaise with Contra Costa County Health Services partners.
- Work with Facilities and the Health Center to ensure stock, purchase orders, and need assessments for COVID-19 related supplies are available and order requests are submitted.
- Lead SMC's Contact Tracing Resource Team; Identify and train various SMC staff on contact tracing/ Stay abreast of changes in policy and practice as it relates to contact tracing.
- Compile and manage, and make available relevant information related to COVID-19 for staff and resident access. Regularly update COVID-19 college website.
- Create and maintain a system for tracking the responses for health scanning, i.e. LiveSafe app information.
- React quickly to COVID-19 related crises and organizes and implements appropriate assessments and responses- Collaborate with Student Health Medical Director and AVP HR to respond.
- Other duties as assigned. This is a newly created position in an ever changing environment. There will be many unknowns.
Experience and Qualifications
Required: BA Preferred: N/A
Required: 3 years in Project Management or Emergency Response role Desired: 5 years
- Interpreting and applying applicable laws, rules, and regulations;
- Analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, projecting consequences or proposed actions, and making recommendations in support of goals.
- Managing multiple on-going projects;
- Conducting negotiations and mediations;
- Preparing a variety of business documents and reports;
- Working with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of students and staff;
- Utilizing computer technology used for communicaton, data gathering and reporting; ability to update COVID-19
- Communication effectively through oral and written mediums.
Application Instructions: Please apply online at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu. Your application is considered complete if you include the following:
- Cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the Mission of the College
- The name and contact information for three (3) professional references
- Consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third-party background check
Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
Saint Mary's College annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Saint Mary's College Report, see the website here http://www.stmarys-ca.edu/public-safety/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report-0. To request a paper copy please call Public Safety at (925) 631-4284. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
Please apply online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/stmarys