Seasonal Camp Coach
Seasonal Camp Coach
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: On Call
Job Number: 904128
Location: CA 94556, CA
Department: ATHLETICS DEPARTMENT
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
The Head/Assistant Coach is responsible for ensuring that the camp is in compliance with all NCAA rules governing camps. Please refer to the NCAA bylaws.
It is expected that the Seasonal Camp Coaches will take an active and visible role in the conducting of each camp on a daily basis from scheduled "start time" to scheduled "end time" of camp.
- Responsible for the protection and well being of the campers
- Responsible for ensuring all SMC facilities and equipment are safe and usable
- Responsible for reporting on time for all duty assignments and meetings
- Responsible for instructing campers in a professional manner that represents SMC positively
- Responsible for abiding by head coach and SMC Camps procedures, rules and regulations
Experience and Qualifications
As determined by Head Coach.
Application Instructions: Please apply online at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu. Your application is considered complete if you include the following:
- Cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the Mission of the College
- The name and contact information for three (3) professional references
- Consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third-party background check
Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
Saint Mary's College annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Saint Mary's College Report, see the website here http://www.stmarys-ca.edu/public-safety/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report-0. To request a paper copy please call Public Safety at (925) 631-4284. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
Please apply online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/stmarys