Salary: $13.00 Hourly
Job Type: On Call
Job Number: 264319
Location: CA 94556, CA
Department: STUDENT LIFE DEPARTMENT
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 3,500 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
- Maintain an atmosphere of safety and appropriate student participation. Observe student behavior and de-escalate conflicts when they arise.
- Enforce college policies at all times.
- Watch for alcohol and substance usage at events and be able to recognize and assist people who need medical attention. Escorting students out of the event, requesting help if needed.
- Aid in ticket sales, student ID checking and registering guests.
- Monitor the areas where the event is taking place. (i.e. keep an eye on entrances and exits, make sure no one is entering or leaving the event illegally, watch for tampering with or removing anything from the property, etc.).
- Manage cash box and tickets when needed. Accurately handle cash and checks and be responsible for accurately giving change.
- Ability to work on late nights and weekends. Able to stand on your feet for up to five hours. Must stay alert the full event.
Experience and Qualifications
- Conflict management skills, event management experience, strong interpersonal skills and reliability required.
- If you are scheduled to work an event and later find that you cannot attend, you must notify the Student Involvement 24 hours prior to the event and find another Event Staff person to take your place.
Deadline: Recruitment is ongoing and position remains open until filled.
Salary: $13.00 per hour. Event Staff are hired based on the student event schedule. Social security, worker's compensation, state disability, and unemployment insurance is included.
Application Instructions: Please apply online at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu. Your application is considered complete if you include the following:
- Cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the Mission of the College
- The name and contact information for three (3) professional references
- Consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third-party background check
Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
Saint Mary's College annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Saint Mary's College Report, see the website here http://www.stmarys-ca.edu/public-safety/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report-0. To request a paper copy please call Public Safety at (925) 631-4284. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
Please apply online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/stmarys