Postdoctoral Research Fellow - GSK Oncology - Pharmacy
Postdoctoral Research Fellow - GSK Oncology - Pharmacy
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and a world leader in experiential learning. The same commitment to connecting with the world drives our use-inspired research enterprise. The university offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and graduate programs leading to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Our campuses in Charlotte, N.C., San Francisco, Seattle, and Toronto are regional platforms for undergraduate and graduate learning and collaborative research. Northeastern pursues advanced research in security and materials at the Innovation Campus in Burlington, Massachusetts, and in coastal sustainability at the Marine Science Center in Nahant, Massachusetts.
About the Opportunity:
The Northeastern University Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowship Program provides a dynamic academic environment offering fellows the opportunity for a wide breadth of experiences:
- Develop teaching skills through participation in our Teaching and Learning Seminar series
- Facilitate small and large group didactic education in partnership with a faculty mentor
- Utilize a layered learning model in experiential education by co-precepting students on pharmacy practice experiences including Northeastern's unique co-op program
- Create, present, and publish scholarly research through collaborative industry and university relationships
- Engage with faculty who participate in various interdisciplinary graduate programs including biotechnology, nanomedicine, immunology, health informatics, and drug discovery
- Network with area residents and other Northeastern fellows via professional development programs, teaching seminars, and participation on fellowship committees
GSK Oncology - Pharmacy Postdoctoral Fellow, Global Scientific Communications
GSK Oncology is committed to the discovery and development of new and potentially life-changing therapies for patients with cancer. Our vision is for people with cancer to not only to live, but to live well, because we are delivering innovative and transformational medicines. GSK's approach to oncology is focused on innovation in the areas of immuno-oncology, cell therapy, cancer epigenetics, synthetic lethality.
The Pharmacy Postdoctoral Fellow (fellow) will join the Global Scientific Communications team for a 2-year commitment, where they will be immersed in all Global Medical Affairs activities. The focus of the fellowship will be in Scientific Communications with an initial 3-month rotation with the Global Scientific Communications team followed by 4 rotations (3-months each) available in various Global Medical Affairs functions: Oncology Program Strategy & Engagement, Global Medical Information, Medical & Scientific Director, Early Innovation & Alliances, Business Planning & Operations, and Global Medical Affairs Research. During the rotation period, the fellow will be expected to dedicate at least 25% of their time to supporting the Global Scientific Communications team. The fellow will also have the opportunity to learn about various industry functions such as Pharmacovigilance, Value Evidence & Outcomes, Clinical Development, or the Commercial Organization through longitudinal projects. Rotations may be extended at the discretion of the rotation supervisor. The remaining 9 months of the fellowship will be fully dedicated to Scientific Communications activities.
Example Job Responsibilities, includes but are not limited to:
- Assists in the creation of the Global communication asset specific strategy and strategic publication plan for responsible assets in accordance with the Global medical strategy.
- Accountable for overall medical training plan and oversight and delivery of all internal training materials for MSL/Medical affairs use; partners with MSL teams to gather insights for strategic feedback and improvement.
- Disseminates internally up to date scientific data across oncology assets and disease states including recent publications, landscape, insights, presentations, study specific information, scientific statements.
- Assists in the development and execution of innovative tools for internal and external communication including digital/social medical delivery.
Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an ACPE accredited institution, eligible for licensure as a pharmacist in the State of Massachusetts.
Excellent oral and written communication, time management, and leadership skills, ability to work independently and take initiative on a variety of projects at GSK Oncology and Northeastern.
Applicants should submit the following APPLICATION MATERIALS by the priority deadline of November 15, 2020:
- Curriculum vitae (CV), uploaded
- Unofficial PharmD transcripts, uploaded
- Cover letter, uploaded
Three formal letters of recommendation (LORs) sent directly from the letter writer to PharmDFellowships@northeastern.edu by December 4, 2020. LOR writers should include the candidate's name and fellowship program(s) in the subject line (e.g. Smith, John - GSK, Deciphera).
Address cover letter and three LORs to:
J. Andrew Orr-Skirvin, PharmD, BCOP
Clinical Professor, School of Pharmacy
Chair, Department of Pharmacy & Health System Sciences
Director of Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowship Program
360 Huntington Ave, 140TF R218
Boston, MA 02115
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/503893