Thank you for your interest in Truckee Meadows Community College. If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact Human Resources at (775) 673-7168 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Truckee Meadows Community College Foundation is seeking a Development Officer who will be responsible for supporting fundraising efforts at the College. We are looking for a strong team player, excellent writer and relationship builder who has a passion for education and student success.
1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
2. Three years of experience in fundraising or equivalent experience.
1. Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
2. Experience with InDesign or equivalent design software.
3. Experience/familiarity with capital campaigns, planned giving, proposal writing, annual giving, and special events.
4. Experience with Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge database.
5. Experience in developing successful plans, managing budgets and achieving goals on schedule.
6.Strong organizational skills with the ability to track and follow up with multiple, simultaneous projects.
Candidates must exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
1.Write appeal letters, news stories, donor updates and website content, incorporating graphic design.
2. Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward prospects and donors to raise funds for projects/programs and scholarships at TMCC.
3. Manage 1971 Society, Employee Giving, Corporate Giving Club and assist with managing Mighty Lizards Club.
4. Develop and manage a Planned Giving Program
5. Conduct research to identify prospects and track prospects and donors in Rasier's Edge database.
6. Assist or lead Foundation special events.
7. Maintain the TMCC Foundation website.
8. Communicate with departments across campus regarding fulfilling donor requirements.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum $60,314. Placement is dependent on education and experience.
In the Resume/Cover Letter section of the application each of the following must be attached.
- Cover Letter
- Current CV/Resume
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. Search committees will use this information to determine that applicants meet minimum qualifications as listed in the job announcement.
This posting will close at 12:00 am on the date listed above. The posting will no longer be available to apply to after 11:59 pm the day prior.
All documents, including unofficial transcripts for academic positions, must be received prior to the closing date listed on the job announcement.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check upon hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TMCC-External/job/TMCC---Truckee-Meadows-Community-College---Dandini-Campus/Development-Officer_R0122518-2
Truckee Meadows Community College is a comprehensive educational institution located in Reno, Nevada and is part of the Nevada System of Higher Education. TMCC’s five instructional sites and numerous community locations serves an increasingly diverse population of more than 11,000 students each semester. TMCC, an HSI (Hispanic Serving Institution), is a progressive institution that celebrates inclusion and diversity while supporting core themes of academic excellence, student success, and access to lifelong learning.
A vital leader in the New Nevada’s growing economy, TMCC is located near the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains in an environment rich with a thriving arts, culture, food scene, abundant outdoor activities, and a family-friendly local community. It is only a 3.5 hour drive to San Francisco, CA, a 40-minute drive to Lake Tahoe, and within easy driving distance of four national parks (Great Basin, Yosemite, Lassen, and Death Valley). For more information, please go to www.tmcc.edu or view our virtual tour at tour.tmcc.edu.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.