Business Associate III
Business Associate III
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
- This position assists the Bursar in the day to day operation of the department. Duties include, but are not limited to, answering phones from staff, faculty and students, scheduling meetings, purchasing, travel, inventory, reconciliations of Student Housing Payment Options, Student Academic Partnership and Student Group invoicing. In addition to assisting with deregistration and loading of student billing statements.
- Research and process entries and adjustments into Banner, Laserfiche and FAMIS. Review and process the application and forfeiture of nursing deposits. Audit and process the application of Study Abroad deposits. Review, calculate, and process withdrawal credits and submit adjustments to Accounting for journal entries. Review, calculate, and process Tuition Rebate requests. Review, Approve, and Enter into Banner Housing Payment Option Requests, Housing Application Fee Advances requests, and Distance Learning Exemptions.
- Assist and counsel students, faculty and staff in person, on the phone and through email. Assist student with registration and transcript holds. Assist students to set up promissory notes for delinquent accounts and review student appeals. Assist in handling appeals and resolving problems with students and other offices.
- Create and update new and/or existing detail codes and distribute the information to the appropriate offices. Assist with the review of semester class schedule for course fee accuracy. Assist with the update and/or entries for changes to course fee rates. Assist the Bursar with the review and processing of deregistration. Submit the deregistration list for the Mini-Terms to Academic Partnership (AP). Reconcile AP student rosters with Banner and verify that the invoice is correct prior to submission for payment. Load billing statements in Touchnet. Assist Bursar with implementations in Banner and Touchnet and the testing of upgrades.
- Create purchase orders and vouchers, complete receiving on invoices, and reconcile IDT's. Maintain physical inventory, order supplies for the department and reconcile Procurement Card and Travel Card monthly. Coordinate the storage of physical records in accordance with state retention requirements and maintain accurate records of all records that have been sent to storage. Maintain all records and filing system for the Bursar's Office.
- Create and maintain all paperwork for new and existing employees within the department. Insures all forms are completed and submit for appropriate signatures for access to the various systems. Compose, write, edit, proof and/or order brochures, forms and other printed materials. Keep Bursar calendar and schedule meetings. Act as a backup during peak periods for process incoming mail for the Bursar Department and create a check log if any payments received and distribute to the appropriate offices.
- Serve as liaison between Study Group and the Bursar's Department. Audit and reconcile students enrolled in these programs to verify the amount that the groups are required to pay the university and the amount the university is to pay them. Deposit the payments received from them to the appropriate accounts once received.
- Assist Accounts Receivable Office with the research and processing of returned check. Assist Business Office when necessary in auditing the return of refunds from BankMobile to ensure that all entries have been completed in Banner and make the entries for stale dated checks.
- Book airline, hotel, and other travel reservations; book conference registration; handle cancellations and changes. Process travel authorizations and expense reimbursements using Concur for entire department.
- Review and make the necessary entries for return of financial aid and private scholarships for accuracy and present to the Bursar for approval prior to submitting the voucher creates to Accounts Payable for processing. Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Five (5) years of related experience.
- Experience in handling travel arrangements and reimbursements and experience with reconciliations and in handling confidential information.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Intermediate knowledge of standard office equipment including windows-based computer, copier, fax, scanner and 10-key.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Detail-oriented and excellent organization skills. Ability to manage multiple task and meet deadlines. Ability to prioritize projects and must have strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and stressful environment.
- Associate's degree in a related field. Accounting or business related coursework.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro, scanning software, FAMIS, Banner, Argos Laserfiche and Touchnet.
- Experience with maintaining inventory and ordering supplies.
- Experience in building training materials and procedure manuals and presenting to large groups.
- Experience in working in Higher Education environment.
- Experience working in Bursar or Student Business Services department.
- $14.53 - $18.47 per/hour
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Business-Associate-III_R-032496-1