Vice President of Technology and Learning Resource Services
Salus University, founded as the Pennsylvania College of Optometry in 1919, today is a diversified, globally recognized professional academic center of learning that offers a wide range of degree programs in the professions of Optometry, Audiology, Physician Assistant, Public Health, Education and Rehabilitation for the Blind and Visually Impaired, Biomedicine, Occupational Therapy and Speech-Language Pathology. Salus operates four clinical facilities in the Philadelphia area that provide highly specialized vision, hearing and balance, and speech-language pathology services. The University has more than 1,100 students, including PhD candidates, and more than 12,500 alumni worldwide. For more information, please visit www.salus.edu.
Salus University seeks applications for a Vice President of Technology and Learning Resource Services.
Reporting to the Chief of Staff, the Vice President of Technology and Learning Resource Services (VP-TLS) provides strategic direction and operational oversight of the use of technology and related services to support the university's mission of advancing integrated healthcare through innovative education, research and clinical services. As a member of the President's Council, the VP-TLS serves as a senior administrator of the university.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continuously assess, plan and implement the university's network infrastructure and security strategy, including its disaster recovery and data security incident plans.
- Continuously assess, plan and implement the university's strategy for hardware and software deployment, including instructional and administrative support technologies.
- Continuously assess, plan and implement the university's strategy for delivering Learning Resource Center technologies.
- Lead and foster a customer centric, timely and transparent delivery of support services, including hiring, leading and developing the department's personnel.
- Ensure that technology and services are supported and operational 24/7 and integrated with the university's academic and administrative support functions.
- Serve as the liaison between the department and all constituents in the university community including, students, faculty, patients, staff, administration, trustees and alumni.
- Oversee the management and maintenance of all vendor relationships, including contract negotiation, compliance and annual reviews.
- Develop and utilize the department's non-academic unit assessment plan to continuously improve the department's performance, including the development and monitoring of the department's annual operating and capital budgets.
Education and Experience:
- Required – At least a BS in a technology-related field. Strongly Preferred - Master's degree in a technology-related and/or business administration discipline.
- At least ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience leading the information technology function in a complex organization, preferably in a higher education setting.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge and technical expertise with:
- Network infrastructure and security, including (current solutions used by the university):
- windows servers
- cloud computing (VMWare)
- switches and routers (Juniper, Cisco)
- storage area networks (NetApp, HP 3Par, EMC Solutions)
- network management software (GFI Languard, Solarwinds)
- backup software (Syncsort)
- desktop management (Novell Zenworks)
- TCP/IP & VLANs
- firewalls and virus protection (Cisco)
- configuration and maintenance of SQL & IIS, HTML & ASP programming, wireless security technologies (WPA)
- Higher education platforms (Jenzebar1)
- Learning management platforms (Blackboard Ultra)
- Common operating systems (Apple OS and iOS, Microsoft Windows, Android)
- Electronic medical records platforms (NextGen)
- Telephony systems (Evolve IP)
- Enrollment marketing systems (Liaison)
- Fundraising systems (Raiser's Edge)
- Information technology security and regulations, including FERPA and HIPPA
- Operating and capital budget development and maintenance experience
- Experience managing an IT team
- Strategic planning experience
Salus seeks a proactive, strategic-thinker, who has a customer-oriented attitude with strong and collegial interpersonal skills. The selected candidate must be highly organized and able to handle multiple, complex projects with personal and professional integrity related to the University's mission. Salus offers a comprehensive benefits package. The target salary for this position is $160,000. Actual salary will vary based on the selected candidate's qualifications and experience.
Please send your application via: http://www.salus.edu/About/Human-Resources/Employment-Opportunities.aspx
Salus University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women/Minorities/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability or other legally protected status.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive $150,000 - $199,999 Full Time jobs in Elkins Park
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive $150,000 - $199,999 Full Time jobs in Elkins Park
- Technology Administration/Other Executive $150,000 - $199,999 Full Time jobs in Elkins Park
- Chief Technology & Information Officers Executive $150,000 - $199,999 Full Time jobs in Elkins Park