Concordia University Chicago (CUC) invites applications for the exempt, full-time position of SEVIS Coordinator in the Center for International Student Services (CISS). This position supports Concordia’s international student population by serving as DSO and ARO and assuming responsibility for advising on relevant federal immigration regulations as they pertain to international students and scholars.
- Advises F-1 and J-1 non-immigrant students and scholars on maintenance of non-immigrant legal status; issues immigration documents for F-1 and J-1 students and scholars as well as their dependents
- Complies with SEVIS event-based and periodic data reporting obligations within applicable regulatory deadlines; monitors regulatory changes that impact reporting and procedural aspects of SEVIS; assists in maintaining department’s Standard Operating Procedures and SEVIS Protocols manuals
- Authorizes F-1 students participating in internships for Curricular Practical Training (CPT) and Optional Practical Training (OPT), and assists with the application process
- Coordinates and implements appropriate CISS policies and procedures, and maintains internal reports
- Analyzes and manages the integrity of highly sensitive data in BANNER and the SEVIS system; reconciles data to ensure individual and school compliance with evolving federal regulations
- Consults with BANNER, Admissions and International Partner staff to troubleshoot errors
- Manages and maintains Terra Dotta student management software to process student requests (travel, annual leave, extensions, etc.)
- Solid working knowledge of the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations specific to F and J visas
- Terra Dotta experience strongly preferred
- Banner experience strongly preferred
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Cultural sensitivity to the concerns of international students
- Enthusiastic supporter of Lutheran higher education and the Concordia University Chicago mission
Minimum Experience Required:
- Three-five years recent experience working with F-1 and J-1 international students and scholars in a post-secondary institution
High school/GED required; Bachelor's Degree required
Compensation and Benefits:
Starting range is dependent upon individual qualifications and experience. Concordia health, disability and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees and their eligible dependents. Tuition benefits are also available for employees and their qualified dependents.
Interested individuals should include a cover letter, resume and references with their online application.
Concordia does not discriminate in the employment of individuals on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex or age. As an institution of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, however, and to the extent allowed by law, Concordia University reserves the right to give preference in employment based upon religious affiliation.
Concordia University Chicago does not generally sponsor for employment visas except for positions that oversee, teach or support our international programs.
About Concordia University Chicago:
Concordia University Chicago is a liberal arts-based Christian university founded in the Lutheran tradition. Through its College of Arts and Sciences, College of Business, College of Education, College of Graduate Studies, and College of Innovative and Professional Programs, Concordia-Chicago offers more than 160 areas of study in small classes taught by professors who are passionate about teaching and student success. All undergraduate and graduate degrees are fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Concordia University Chicago has been recognized as a College of Distinction since 2010, and in 2013 was named to the U.S. President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll for the fifth time. For the sixth consecutive year, combined undergraduate and graduate enrollment has exceeded more than 5,000 students. Concordia University Chicago is located in River Forest, 10 miles west of downtown Chicago. Learn more at CUChicago.edu.
As a distinctive, comprehensive university of The Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod, centered in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and based in the liberal arts, Concordia University Chicago equips men and women to serve and lead with integrity, creativity, competence and compassion in a diverse, interconnected and increasingly urbanized church and world.