The primary purpose of the Laboratory Assistant will be to conduct responsible research work in laboratory diagnostics. This is a part-time benefit eligible position working approximately 20 hours per week.
- Perform laboratory work in molecular and cellular biology and immunology, including but not limited to DNA preparation, PCR, and ELISA.
- Ensure quality control of laboratory procedures, including test validations.
- Data entry, cleaning, and analysis.
- Assist with the maintenance of lab equipment and environment.
- Perform additional routine laboratory procedures to assist in the lab's research.
- Maintain an accurate, up-to-date, organized, and legible lab notebook that records all data according to methods requested.
- Conduct literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format.
- Analyze results of experiments and reports to principal investigators.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Six months of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston