Daytime Dorm Affiliate
STATUS/HOURS: Part-time when school is in session, weekdays 10:45 a.m.-2:45 p.m., with term by term commitment. Daytime supervision of one or two dormitories with occasional evening responsibilities. Schedule may vary according to dorm and Academy needs.
Position Purpose and Scheduling
At Phillips Exeter Academy, a daytime dorm affiliate is responsible for the safety and well-being of the students in the assigned dormitory during their assigned hours. The dorm affiliate works closely with the dorm head and other dorm faculty, to best serve the dorm community.
- Be a visible adult presence in the dorm while on duty.
- Maintain an environment that is safe at all times, and is conducive to studying during “study hours”.
- Must be responsive to a variety of student related issues.
- May be responsible for checking in dorm students during specified times.
- Participate actively and energetically in dorm life, and assist the dorm faculty in creating a safe, inclusive and affirming community.
- Assist dorm heads in planning and coordinating community building events.
- Participate in scheduled professional development in student development and residential life.
Incumbent is expected to work with a high level of independence and autonomy, and exercise a high degree of judgment in decisions affecting students.
Internal & External Contacts
Frequent contact with students, dorm faculty, Dean of Students office, Facilities Manaments, Campus Safety,PEA administrative and academic offices, faculty, coaches, and staff. External contacts may include parents, outside organizations, visitors and local community neighbors.
- High School diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting is preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age or old
- Experience in an institutional or campus setting
Skills & Knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to work with students by building trust and credibility.
- Demonstrated cultural fluency in working with all populations of adults and students.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain collegial relationships.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as a strong customer (student centered) focus.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusivity and to serving the needs of a diverse and inclusive community with diplomacy and tact.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Physical demands are in excess of those for sedentary work and will require the ability to remain standing for extended periods of time, go up and down flights of steps, lift and push heavy objects as well as stoop, squat, bend, kneel, crouch, and lift.
- Ability to sit in a normal seated position for extended periods of time.
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Communication skills using the spoken and written word.
- Ability to use a visual display terminal with continuous wrist movement on a keyboard.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 10lbs without assistance.
- Successfully complete a criminal background check .
- Clean driving record .
- Must abide by all guidelines as listed in the general orders.
- Must complete a harassment prevention seminar and boundary training seminar within 30 days of employment.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Brentwood
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Brentwood
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in Brentwood
- Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Brentwood
- Disabled Student Services Not specified Part Time jobs in Brentwood