Posting Number 2021010 Posting/Functional Title Compliance Specialist University Pay Plan Title Compliance Specialist Location San Marcos Department Institutional Compliance Recruitment Type Open to All Job Type Full-Time Monthly Salary $4,210 Job Category Exempt Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
1. Extensive experience as an HR Generalist, EEO Investigator, Employee Relations Specialist, or related position; or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of policies and regulations that pertain to applicants, students, faculty, and staff including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; Americans with Disabilities Act; Section 503/504 of the Rehabilitation Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, and any other state/federal anti-discrimination regulations.
3. Demonstrated ability to work successfully with a diverse population.
4. Advanced communication skills to clearly and effectively communicate information to diverse internal and external audiences, client groups, and all levels of management.
5. Demonstrated experience with establishing and maintaining professional working relationships and interpersonal skills.
6. Demonstrated experience with analyzing problems objectively, making effective recommendations and assisting with the implementation of solutions to these problems.
1. Three years of experience as an HR Generalist, EEO Investigator, Employee Relations Specialist, or related position.
2. Bachelor’s or advanced degree in HR, Higher Ed, Business, Law or related field.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of faculty and staff recruitment procedures in a higher education.
4. Certification and/or training in the areas of EEO /AA/ ADA /Title IX (i.e. PHR, SHRM -CP, CAAP, CDR, CDP, ATIXA )
The Compliance Specialist position is responsible for investigating allegations of discrimination and harassment filed by students, staff, faculty, or visitors in compliance with federal and state laws, executive orders, and University policies and procedure. Working under the direction of the Director, the Compliance Specialist will conduct effective, efficient, thorough and impartial investigations while ensuring attention to detail and accuracy regarding facts, relevance, and investigation documentation.
The Compliance Specialist is also responsible for referring students to available resources, offering appropriate supportive measures and coordinating the investigation and adjudication processes.
The Compliance Specialist will consult and educate students, faculty, and/or staff on discriminatory practices, equity matters, policies, procedures, and options for resolution of complaint matters.
a) In accordance with University policies and procedures, lead independent and unbiased investigations, and draft memoranda of findings and recommendations for University leadership.
b) Prepare supporting documents and materials as necessary.
c) Consult with the Office of Human Resources, Office of the Provost, the Office of General Counsel, and other University offices as necessary concerning investigation activities and findings.
d) Respond to inquiries from members of the University community regarding matters related to University discrimination and harassment policies.
e) Assist in maintaining OEO’s discrimination case database that shall include Inclusion to confidential information.
f) Act as an impartial, neutral investigator throughout all aspects of the investigation process, and ensure that all investigation activities and OEO decisions are consistent with University policies and procedures.
g) As assigned, assist with diversity, sexual harassment prevention and related trainings in accordance with University training mandates and state and federal statutes.
Additional Information to Applicants
Please attach a writing sample that would demonstrate your analytical writing skills. It should be no longer than 4 pages and have been written by you
Job Open Date 09/15/2020 Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight) 09/29/2020 Open Until Filled No Normal Work Days Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday Normal Work Hours Start 8:00AM Normal Work Hours End 5:00PM Posting Notices YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION., YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A LIST OF REFERENCES. Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE .
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
Why work @ Texas State?
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
Quick Link http://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/33680 Applicant Document
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Writing Sample
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Human Resources Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Legal Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos