Student Accounts Coordinator
Student Accounts Coordinator
Founded in 1869, Chatham University has an enrollment of over 2,200 students across over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in our areas of excellence: sustainability & health, the arts & sciences and business & communications. Chatham has consistently been named a College of Distinction and a "Best College" by U.S. News & World Report, and--as the alma mater of environmental icon, Rachel Carson (Class of '29)--is perennially ranked as one of the greenest colleges in the United States by Sierra Magazine and the Princeton Review.
Chatham's mission is: "to prepare students to build lives of purpose, value and fulfilling work...by preparing graduates to be informed and engaged citizens in their communities; to recognize and respect diversity of culture, identity, and opinion; and to live sustainably." Building on this mission, Chatham is committed to creating a supportive and inclusive learning, living and working environment for all members of the campus community.
Chatham consists of the School of Health Sciences; the Falk School of Sustainability & Environment; the School of Arts, Science and Business; and the School for Continuing & Professional Studies.
Located in Pittsburgh, PA--one of the country's most livable cities and great college towns--Chatham is spread across three distinct locations: the historic arboretum, Shadyside Campus; Chatham Eastside in the fast-growing East End; and Eden Hall Campus, one of the world's most sustainable campuses.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Chatham University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
To help support the work of the University, we have an immediate opening for Student Accounts Coordinator.
Position Reports To: Director of Student Accounts
Position Summary: This individual is responsible for assisting the Director of Student Accounts in administration of all functions related to accounts receivable and ensuring adherence to University policies as documented in the University Catalog. Detailed duties include but not limited to, processing student payments, assisting with monthly student billing, print and mail aid notification letters, daily bank deposits, applying account late fees and holds, assist with the University collections process, processes extended payment plan contracts, all front line calls, emails and processing of mail. Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience with accounts receivable preferred - especially within a higher Education environment
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Experience working with a diverse student population
- Previous cash handling experience required
- Familiarity with computerized accounts receivable systems preferred
- Computer proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office applications; experience with Campus Management (CampusVue) preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- A commitment to a student-centered environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student records in relation to FERPA
- Strong interpersonal and administrative skills
- Ability to work Saturdays and extended hours, if necessary
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accept and process student tuition and payments
- Print and mail aid notification letters
- Assist in the daily bank deposit process
- Process returned checks due to non-sufficient funds
- Assist Director of Student Accounts with preparation and mailing of monthly billing statements
- Assist Director of Student Accounts with placement of students on financial holds and late fees
- Respond to student and parent inquiries in person, on the phone and via e-mail
- Frontline customer service skills, including answering phones, responding to emails and processing all mail
- All other duties as assigned
Chatham University offers competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, including tuition remission for qualified personnel, and a generous retirement plan.
To ensure full consideration, please submit a cover letter addressing the qualifications of the position, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Actively Seeks Diverse Candidates
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh